waveforms for straightliner

Official support for: rs-met.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey everyone,

i started working with this little supertoy and now i want to create and share some patches.

the problem is: at the moment i'm working with a licensed waveform libary a bought for the absynth. and as i know, i can't give away these waveform.

so does anybody know a place for free Singlecycle WF's a can give me a hint how to create some.

-------------------------------
Working Wavesforms 04/09/08

Roland SH-1 single cycle waveforms (you need to register)
Future Retro 777 single cycle waveforms (you need to register)
Ckatrun411

Galbanum Universal Waveforms DEMO

-------------------------------

thanks
shokka
Last edited by shokkaboy on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

yes this is a good point. if you (general you) want to share patches containing waveforms, make sure to not violate any copyrights. a little search revealed this:

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/packsViewS ... hp?id=2339

which are released under this very liberal licencse:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/sampling+/1.0/

i guess, there are some other samples around with similar liberal licenses or no license at all. other than that, it might be interesting to obtain waveforms by cutting out cycles from recordings of acoustic instruments (or analog synths, obviously) - or whatever audio material. but... i'm not quite sure, what the law says, when this recording itself was part of some copyrighted sample library. to be safe, let's avoid this until we know better.

the waveforms should be put into some subdirectory of the 'samples' folder which comes with the plugin. i recommend to create a folder with your name or artist pseudonym there. the presets will store only the relative path with respect to the plugin .dll file.
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Hello, here are 12 tables. My work, copyleft!! use wherever, without worry.

I checked them in Rapture, where they work....

2 quick points...

A) I am on os x, so I have not checked them in Robin's synth.

B) Designing wavetables is difficult they might alias. I really have been practicing making em for a while, but still, drawing a nice set of partials that is unique and cool, is totally difficult.

Here now, but Robin might want to re-host em on his site

http://www.box.net/shared/upehvwuo8w

If the samples are to big or do not work, lemme know

Cheers

ckatrun411 wrote: If the samples are to big or do not work, lemme know
they work fine!

@shokkaboy: as your KVR-account is fresh, your links are still disabled, so i repeat them here:

Roland SH-1 single cycle waveforms (you need to register)

Future Retro 777 single cycle waveforms (you need to register)

from ckatrun411: Ckatrun411

from shokkaboy: http://www.box.net/shared/m6hh4am0ww

Galbanum Universal Waveforms DEMO

as for the galbanum-demo: even though this demo is freely available, it is still part of a commercial package, so i would think that re-distribution is not allowed.
Last edited by Music Engineer on Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ckatrun411 wrote:Here now, but Robin might want to re-host em on his site

http://www.box.net/shared/upehvwuo8w

If the samples are to big or do not work, lemme know
thanks for sharing. yes, work fine. just tried them out. as for re-hosting: ultimately yes - i'm thinking about including a 'Sounds' section on my website someday. but for the time being, i think it is fine to have them here on the forum using free upload services.

Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote:@shokkaboy: as your KVR-account is fresh, your links are still disabled, so i repeat them here:
well i'm working on that

here are 23 selfmade SingleCycle Waves
Download

Robin, this looks like a great synth :) And I for one love the well laid out math look to your plugs. Nice job indeed. I have about 500 single cycle waves I'v just completed, so I'll scan through them all and see about putting together a little pack of waves for you guys to use.

shokkaboy wrote: well i'm working on that

here are 23 selfmade SingleCycle Waves
Download
i see. 2 posts left. i copied your link into the list above. cool waves among them. thanks. are those pulse waves (shokkwave_006, _010, _011) recordings of real analogs?

rlahalla wrote:Robin, this looks like a great synth :) And I for one love the well laid out math look to your plugs.
math rocks! :band:
Nice job indeed. I have about 500 single cycle waves I'v just completed, so I'll scan through them all and see about putting together a little pack of waves for you guys to use.
:hyper: wow! thanks in advance!

Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote:are those pulse waves (shokkwave_006, _010, _011) recordings of real analogs?
i recorded some notes from freeware synthies i like and played around with your function shaper and some distortion plugs.

shokkaboy wrote:i recorded some notes from freeware synthies i like and played around with your function shaper and some distortion plugs.
aha, yes - there is a multitude of ways to generate waveforms.

Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote:
shokkaboy wrote:i recorded some notes from freeware synthies i like and played around with your function shaper and some distortion plugs.
aha, yes - there is a multitude of ways to generate waveforms.
I use math functions to generate waveforms quite a bit, as well as sample analog hardware synths I have laying around the studio. EZ Editor from Image Line does a great job of capturing single cycle waves.

if you are looking to generate single-cycle waves, wavosaur (www.wavosaur.com) can do simple function generation, with mixing (or multiplying) of subsequent functions onto the existing wave.
best of all, its free!
rrrc.bandcamp.com||bandcamp.com/blatanville
"ALL YOUR CUBASE ARE BELONG TO REAPER" - 5.1 Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
i9-10900CF|32GB|Nvidia RTX3060Ti|Win 11|REAPER|FLStudio|more plugins than I've had hot meals

Search Google for wavetable designer ;)

NAS
Omerta

Return to “rs-met”