choir boy crashes sonar and an issue

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

brings the whole app down,

the choir boy dll is 90% of the time the culprit in the error message, especially sensitive when trying to use more than one instance.

Also once the error said kernel32.dll but it only happened whilst touching a choir boy knob,
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

You have apparently been using Choir Boy for some time. How come this problem occurs only now?

Which version of SONAR?
Which version of Choir Boy?
Which operating system?

Paul

Because i only just switched to Sonar LOL. I was using Cubase4 before, where choirboy worked OK.

Sonar HS 6.2.2 (same code as producer edition 6.2)

soon receiving my Sonar 7 producer, so can retest there as well.

I can send you all the error reports etc..

Also, another Choir boy issue, is with any sound card i tried, even in an empty project with zero cpu load, inserting one or two choirboys can cause tons of pops clicks, distorted layback, unless the sound card latency is very high..
spaceboy and freeq boy and clone boy dont seem to do this.

this behaviour with choir boy was the same in cubase, sonar and tracktion
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reading the thread title I imagined some choir boy coming round your house and screwing up your Sonar... :lol:

I had one of those mofos once. In fact it's still in the cupboard gathering dust; couldn't even offload it on ebay.

ttoz wrote:Also, another Choir boy issue, is with any sound card i tried, even in an empty project with zero cpu load, inserting one or two choirboys can cause tons of pops clicks, distorted layback, unless the sound card latency is very high..
spaceboy and freeq boy and clone boy dont seem to do this.

this behaviour with choir boy was the same in cubase, sonar and tracktion
Choir Boy is doing some pretty strenuous processing. You can expect problems like this this if you force the latency too small.

Choir Boy is working fine in SONAR 4.0. I have SONAR 7.0 and will give Choir Boy a try after I install.

No problems here in SONAR 7.0.

Choir Boy V5.02.
Windows XP.

Which version of Choir Boy are you using?
Which Operating System?

XP SP2, ChoirBoy 5.02

Did you try multiple instances? What latency u running at?

seems ok in S7.02

Thanks

Return to “Elevayta”