BR: wow

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I DLd the demo for WOW and loaded within Ableton Live 5.2.
Everything worked fine until i clicked on the presets menu to open a preset folder. Live crashed, i reloaded and now WOW does not see the presets any longer (attempted to load multiple times with no success).

I figure I would start tweaking a bit and i do hear the filter working fine but the modulation is doing nothing no matter which option i select (env-fol, LFO, step seq.).

Again, it was all working fine until it crashed.
After the crash i checked to see if it would work within XT2 but i have the same issue (sees no presets and the modulation has no affect).

I know i can reinstall and be sure that it would work but i figure better check to see what the issue is to avoid it happening again.

My system: P4 2.8G win. XP SP1

Hi, we're not sure what the issue could be.
It would be interesting to know if it happens again after
uninstall/reinstall, if it can be reproduced we should be able to find the problem.

On second installation, i got this message upon trying to load presets:

Hi, it looks like you are not using the preset system of WOW.
Please open the WOW plugin an select presets in the WOW interface,
does that work?

Hi, it looks like you are not using the preset system of WOW.
Please open the WOW plugin an select presets in the WOW interface,
does that work?
The preset folders come up empty when using WOW's preset system. I just tried re-installing a third time (even restarting computer) and the presets fail to show up at all. When i originally loaded WOW the first time, the presets were available to scan through until the crash happened.

I know the presets are there because when i attempt to load from Live's wrapper, they display within the folder (but i get that message).

S.Hush, you can browse through folders for them. I think that is what he means.
I have had Uniqie do this once. You click the preset select to bring a drop-down and click the browse folder, or something along those lines.
That may work. It did when Unique would not show my presets.

triple p wrote:S.Hush, you can browse through folders for them. I think that is what he means.
I have had Uniqie do this once. You click the preset select to bring a drop-down and click the browse folder, or something along those lines.
That may work. It did when Unique would not show my presets.
This is where i am attempting to load the presets from

The other thing i find strange is the modulation parameters fail to do anything no matter what i do.....

Yes, if you click in the middle of that, instead of on the arrows it will bring up a menu. It will have a couple options. one is to browse through folders to select the presets.

Also, the modulator parameters must be assigned.
For Example, you Left click the Cutoff and it will give you the Three internal controllers in a little menu with a bar to set the amount. Maybe that will help also.
The modulators do not change unless you left click to assign them to a parameter. Also the parameters of the modulators can be modulated by each other.

Triple P already gave you a hint. (thx)

It seems that you have changed the preset location by accident.
Go to the preset menu choose 'Select Folder' and browse to the Preset folder of WOW. (if you didn't choose another location it should be: C:\Program Files\Sugar Bytes\WOW\Content\Presets)

We would still like to know under which circumstances you had that crash.

If you read my 3rd post, it states that the presets are there when attempting to load from Live's vst wrapper. It is only when i attempt to load presets from within WOW that these presets, for some reason, fail to display.

...and here we have the presets displaying when attempting to load from Live's vst wrapper:

triple p wrote:Also, the modulator parameters must be assigned.
For Example, you Left click the Cutoff and it will give you the Three internal controllers in a little menu with a bar to set the amount. Maybe that will help also.
The modulators do not change unless you left click to assign them to a parameter. Also the parameters of the modulators can be modulated by each other.
Ah..Thanks for that Triple P. You meant right click though..:wink:
That is a non obvious one so yay me for refusing to read the manual :hihi:

You hav to choose the parent directory. the 'presets' directory. the folder classic and vowel will then appear as submenus with the presets inside.

S.HUSH wrote:
triple p wrote:Also, the modulator parameters must be assigned.
Ah..Thanks for that Triple P. You meant right click though..:wink:
That is a non obvious one so yay me for refusing to read the manual :hihi:
DOH, yes i meant right click.
Sugar-Bytes suggestion of setting the directory is what you need to do for your presets to show.
Have fun! The WOW is definetly my favorite filter now. It really is great fun and great quality.
Worth trying on EVERY type of material. For example take some heavily compressed drums put it in Vowel mode and make the cutoff go from vowel to vowel.
I love this thing. As well as Unique synth. 8)

:tu:...all is good and no crash this time loading from the parent directory. I have no idea what the issue was. I do have another issue with artillary though which i posted under this thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2903200

In regards to WOW....well all i can say is....WOW...:hihi:
This sounds just like the Ibanez filter pedal i had which i almost bought again because of it's distinct sound. The flanger sounds like my old Boss flanger. Cool plug!

Return to “Sugar Bytes”