Hello? Is there anybody in there?

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've downloaded the demo and am very impressed. But here's the thing: I've been to your Artsacoustic web site and it looks like there's been no activity for quite some time. Are you guys actively in business? Any new works on the horizon?

I like the product, but I'd feel a bit more comfortable if it seemed like there was some evidence that the company was a bit more active.

Anything going on?

Thanks,

---JC

hi suntower,

thanks for the interrest!
nono, we're here, active to the bone, and we're not out of buisness. :D
if you check the forum posts here, you'll notice us beeing involved into various interresting discussions.
also check our news section on our website, we released an update for our reverb exactly 3 months ago.
and yes, there will be a new product soon (doing gui right now).
and no, i won't say more right now. :lol:
as soon there is something to post about, you'll definately see it here first.
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

Thanks for the update Nick! Feeling much better about getting your product now.

Regards,

---JC

don't worry, we're here, and we're going nowhere. :D
you shouldn't have problems to contact us either way (refering to the thread you started in th effects forum).

btw, are you on a free-mail accout (such as hotmail or gmx)?

Thanks again. No my e-mail is not hotmail or yahoo or g-mail or any of that.

Anyhoo, here's what I wanted to know.

We have been comparing your product with IK's CSR Reverb. Until now, we have been using the reverbs in UAD-1, the Voxengo convolution reverb and the reverbs that come in Samplitude.

Until we tried your product (and CSR) we had almost forgotten how much we missed that Lexicon sound. You've done a great job!

Here's my question. And I know this may be sort of unfair.

We very much prefer the flexibility of ArtsAcoustic Reverb. It does a LOT of things that IK CSR doesn't. -However- a couple of us (me included) are impressed with the density and 'shimmer' in the IK CSR presets. I was wondering if you had listened to their product and knew what I was talking about. If so, do you have any suggestions on how to tweak ArtsAcoustic towards that type of sound? I'm pretty sure your product can do it, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get there.

Any suggestions would be -most- welcome.

Anxiously awaiting your reply. (Or from any other users. I know there are a lot of people here who have also tried both.)

Regards,

---JC

Suntower wrote:We very much prefer the flexibility of ArtsAcoustic Reverb. It does a LOT of things that IK CSR doesn't.
Can you give some examples of the things which are not possible with CSR?

Best regards

Well, for one thing. Since all the parameters are on one screen, it's easier to twiddle.

But it seems that ArtsAcoustic can get more 'synthetic' sounds... the inverse and gated reverbs that are more effects. They seem more 'intense'.

Suntower wrote: Until we tried your product (and CSR) we had almost forgotten how much we missed that Lexicon sound. You've done a great job!
thank you, we're flattered! ;)
Suntower wrote:Here's my question. And I know this may be sort of unfair.

We very much prefer the flexibility of ArtsAcoustic Reverb. It does a LOT of things that IK CSR doesn't. -However- a couple of us (me included) are impressed with the density and 'shimmer' in the IK CSR presets. I was wondering if you had listened to their product and knew what I was talking about. If so, do you have any suggestions on how to tweak ArtsAcoustic towards that type of sound? I'm pretty sure your product can do it, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get there.

Any suggestions would be -most- welcome.
no, it's not unfair, why should it be?
but i have a problem due the nature of your question, as it is very unspecific,
and lacks of information that i could use to give you a satisfying answer.
i.e. shimmer.
what do you mean by that?
the problem is, that with by saying "shimmer", everybody means something else.
do you maybe have a preset for csr that you can post as an example, or at least an mp3, so that i can see, what you mean?
csr is a very nice reverb, though _totally_ different from the AAR.
for what kind of music do you need a reverb?
as for the density:
our reverb gives you the most dense reverb, you won't hear any grain, not even with the shortest impulse sample you feed in, if you wish to.

the main thing with the AAR is:
- it's not trying to emulate anything.
all we did was, we took our experience, our wishes (since we're all longtime musicians and studio owners) to the developing.
- the goal was, to provide maximum flexibility, yet it should be easy to edit, and, the most important thing:
it should provide you with professional results for most _every_ task you want to use it for.
- this naturally comes with one minor downside:
due the flexibility of the reverb, a preset can only be a starting point for editing in most cases. which means, that if you found a preset which is close to what you need, be prepared, that, if you tweak from there, AAR will even sound better than the preset did before, only because you used the flexibility to make it match perfectly to the situation.
i see you checked out the presets from brok landers.
this is exactly what i mean. he managed to edit a reverb exactly matching and supporting the sound he used it on.
just tweak AAR, read the manual, it's very informative on reverb in general and the unusual srtuff that makes the AAR so special.
you'll find a way to suit your needs, i'm pretty sure.

but:
forget about "emulating" a sound.
the AAR has it's own, unique character, so everything you tweak in will do exactly what you want, but with the noticable charater of the AAR.
if you really love that certain preset on csr, why do you want to emulate it??
just use it, you got it, don't you? ;)

well now, i hope i could help you at least a bit. ;)

Suntower wrote:Well, for one thing. Since all the parameters are on one screen, it's easier to twiddle.
But it seems that ArtsAcoustic can get more 'synthetic' sounds... the inverse and gated reverbs that are more effects. They seem more 'intense'.
Hi Suntower.

I am mainly looking for a reverb that places my vocals better in the mix.
I don't want to use reverb as effect which you can actually "hear".
I just want to have a reverb which brings the instruments together.
So for this purpose, which reverb would you prefer: CSR oder AAR?

Best regards

Return to “Arts Acoustic”