AAR 'best' reverb on kvr?

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In case you folks from ArtsAcoustic have not noticed, there is currently a 'best reverb' poll on kvr

found here
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=175760

and AAR is currently having the most votes!

great job on your reverb. it is really standing up well over time and I am glad I purchased it.

:D

Thanks for the info, pdxindy! This is very exciting, as we are head-to-head with competitors! But no matter how it ends, we already feel very honored...

Enjoy your AAR! :-)
kind regards, timo

Too bad the poll fails to include several of the other top competitors, so it's basically just a CSR vs AAR competition, but yeah AAR is a good reverb.
"The Juno 60 was often incorrectly referred to as a synth. It is, in fact, a chorus unit with a synth attached." -PAK

afreshcupofjoe wrote:Too bad the poll fails to include several of the other top competitors, so it's basically just a CSR vs AAR competition, but yeah AAR is a good reverb.
sure it is just a poll, and nothing conclusive can be drawn from it as far as 'best'. But AAR is obviously well liked and standing up well so I think that is good news for the Artsacoustic folks!

Congrats! To me, this is the truth; still the best software reverb. :tu: :D

pdxindy wrote: sure it is just a poll, and nothing conclusive can be drawn from it as far as 'best'.
Polls can be very useful and informative, when they are done correctly. This poll is just plain bad and contributes to misinformation. Reverb seems to be something that is discussed pretty thoroughly here, and I think it's pretty clear the handful of reverbs that get touted over and over again as being the "best". To only include 2 of the maybe 5 or 6 of these highly regarded reverbs makes the whole poll just plain stupid, useless and misleading.

No offense to AAR. It's one of the best.

Well, I'd still like to do a poll where everyone contributes to a master list, so we're sure we got everything (as much as is possible!), then do the poll.

bduffy wrote:Well, I'd still like to do a poll where everyone contributes to a master list, so we're sure we got everything (as much as is possible!), then do the poll.
AAR would still be at the top...

pdxindy wrote:
bduffy wrote:Well, I'd still like to do a poll where everyone contributes to a master list, so we're sure we got everything (as much as is possible!), then do the poll.
Probably. Lots of CSR fanboys at KVR, though. ;)

bduffy wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
true, but I noticed that a few of them are no longer talking about CSR in such glowing terms and a couple have recently praised AAR :hihi:

AAR has been out long enough that it is not boosted from RRHS (Recently Released Hype Syndrome) :wink:

pdxindy wrote:
bduffy wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
true, but I noticed that a few of them are no longer talking about CSR in such glowing terms and a couple have recently praised AAR :hihi:

AAR has been out long enough that it is not boosted from RRHS (Recently Released Hype Syndrome) :wink:
You think? Interesting...I would like to add that AAR has been out long enough that owners have really been able to get to know it; that could be a factor too.

I did find that, when I was using the 30-day demo, that I wound up using CSR on one vocal track, and pretty much swapped it out for AAR on anything else I tried it on - especially if I needed a long, smooth tail. But again, it could just be that I know AAR much better, although I don't like having to fiddle between "easy" and "advanced" mode; AAR has it all on one page. :D

Hello

How would AAR compete with reverb from famous hardware reverb manufacturers?

hi petterdass,
as we are biassed, you might understand, i can only try the polite way :):
the ArtsAcoustic Reverb throws a lot of hardware to trash, in our opinion.
however, that beeing said, it's a lot depending on the taste one has, as always.
the ArtsAcoustic reverb, while on par with the high end reverbs, sounds very unique. it has it's own character. if you like that character (it's all about character, musical-wise, in our opinion), thisone is for you. if you don'tlike the character, well, what can i say?
best is, if you just download the demo and try it by yourself.
as the ArtsAcoustic Reverb also behaves a bit different compared to other "conventional" reverb units you should definateley take a look into the manual, just to gain the profit with it's differences.
have a goop portion of play with it, then decide for yourself.
hope you're havin' lots of fun with it!
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

Return to “Arts Acoustic”