'Bypass' doesn't seem to work in DP 5.11

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Acoustic Artisans,

Today I instantiated AAR 1.2.1.1 in my recently installed DP 5.11 for the first time (Mac G5 2x2.3, 10.4.8 ). It sounds great, of course, but...

...I was a bit surprised to note that 'bypass' doesn't work! :-o It doesn't matter if I bypass in the mixer insert (Option-click) or click the host bypass button in the GUI frame.

Anyone else noticed this?

Best,

Joey

Hi Joey,

I'm sorry for the troubles you experience. At the moment, I cannot say how your problem can happen.

Just to ensure, forgive me, if it's a little stupid question, but are you sure you bypassed the right instance of AAR?

Did you experience this problem also with other plugins in DP? I'm quiet unsure if it's not a DP bug, but you never know...

Could you check this out and report us the result? Maybe a screenshot could help us, too.

We will check it, too, within the next days and let you know what we found out.

Hope, you can make it without 'bypass' until we found the solution! :wink:

Thanks!
kind regards, timo

Hello Timo,

Thanks for your fast response!

Your question is not even a bit stupid — I've done many dumber things in my days than trying to mute the wrong instance of a plug, but I'm not telling you here...:hihi:

I just re-tested the scenario, taking care not to have any AAR instances but one on the master fader in DP 5.11, and below that one instance of Elemental Audio Inspector XL.

Still the same story — 'bypass' works graphically, i.e. the mixer insert text becomes italic and the bypass button in the upper right-hand corner in the host generated AAR GUI window turns yellow, indicating that the plug-in is (should be) in bypass mode. This works the same regardless of which of the two methods I use for bypassing: option-clicking on the AAR insert slot in the mixer or just clicking on the bypass button in the GUI window.

BUT, the reverb level is definitely not affected; it stays just the same and I can verify it by turning down the wet level knob in AAR to zero (infinity).

At the same time, the XL Inspector can be bypassed (stops displaying its input) when I bypass it in either of the ways described above, so I don't think it's a DP bug.

Just to be absolutely certain, I added a MOTU Plate reverb instead of the Inspector plug, turned up the wet mix to full, bypassed it, and — it mutes correctly.

As a workaround, I'll just put AAR on an aux track from a send bus (which is probably what I'd normally do anyway) and then I can easily A/B the effect by muting the send instead of the AAR plug itself.

But there may be situations where it would be useful to have the Bypass function work as expected, and I hope that you can find a (hopefully simple!) solution in due course. No panic! :)

Best regards,

Joey

Hi Joey,

good news - all you wrote was right and it's definitly a minor bug in the AAR. We could isolate the problem and will fix it in the next update, coming as soon as possible (though I cannot tell you an exact date at the moment).

Thanks for your patience and for reporting! :)
kind regards, timo

Hello Timo,

Thanks for your news! All in due course; I'll use the Send buss, no prob... :)

Best regards,

Joey
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Arts Acoustic”