would you like a bit more time?EDIT: new submit date=sept30

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i saw some posts lately and it's bothering me. i don't want anybody to be left out. this is for developers and i really would hate to see anybody left out because of strict rules where it's supposed to be fun. you've probably all come a long way but if you feel like a few more days (say 5) are going to help please post here. yes, we do have rules. we will have deadlines. yes it is a competition. there will be winners and stuff but the core of it all is that freeware devs are a huge part of kvr and we, the users, love them. in your honor we have collected over a thousand dollars and i think that's a huge accomplishment.

actually please post what your thoughts are about this in general.

i don't want it to be unfair to anybody so collective thinking is the way to go. to me it wouldn't be unfair if we gave a few extra days to people who need it.
Last edited by tuz on Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I think I'll probably make it on time, but it's tight. Nonetheless I'd like to state that it would not disturb me if I was finished on time and others got a bit longer to finish their products. I never saw this as a competition against the clock, and I hope that not too many are jumping ship because they need a little bit of more time. If one needs like. Dunno, two months more, I do understand completely :)
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

another week or so would help me, but if there is opposition to it, I do understand [after all the three months allowed ain't bad].

I've just had to alter my priorities a bit over the last few months - with redundancy, finding work, starting work, needing to provide for wife & kids, etc... it means that some things have had to slide down the list!

However, I'm now in stable employment, still have about 3 fairly solid ideas at various states of dev. I'm pretty certain of which will be my entry tho'.

DSP

We don't mind but don't really need more time. but everything is okay with us

tuz wrote:i saw some posts lately and it's bothering me. i don't want anybody to be left out.
Hi Tuz, I may have been one of those posters. Thanks for addressing the issue! I am on schedule at the moment (made miles of progress this weekend!), so for me the extra time would be nice, but not essential.

Cheers!
Bram

well, I'm late too but this is all my fault. I have something working but I'm not really satisfied by the result. And I can't estimate the time I need to make it sound good.

I think 3 months build time is good enough and I would accept a strict deadline.

I wouldn't refuse the extra days though. :)

btw, if you haven't seen the announcement, the new deadline is september 30th. :)

Works for me!
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

great

thx for the extension :)

DSP

The 30th would be great :)
I could use the extra time...
I've been down with a horrible flu and it really screwed up the roll I was on.

I'm sure that I'll be able to finish...

...just as soon as I get around to Starting!! :help:

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”