Soundfornts/Banks

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

M42 is still one of my favourite VSTs. :D

In my continuing quest to understand how to control it, I have a question.......

If I load a soundfont file into the SFO, I can select a Bank by clicking on the arrowhead and select from the list. The same thing can be achieved by selecting a waveform (Fantasy, Analog etc.) in the SFO waveform list (is that right?).

What is the Bank selector (61 - 64) for? :?

The reason I'm asking is that I want to by Zvon's M42 soundfonts and I want to make sure I know how to find all the sounds.

Thanks for any help. :)

Alan

AlanB wrote:M42 is still one of my favourite VSTs. :D

In my continuing quest to understand how to control it, I have a question.......

If I load a soundfont file into the SFO, I can select a Bank by clicking on the arrowhead and select from the list. The same thing can be achieved by selecting a waveform (Fantasy, Analog etc.) in the SFO waveform list (is that right?).

What is the Bank selector (61 - 64) for? :?

The reason I'm asking is that I want to by Zvon's M42 soundfonts and I want to make sure I know how to find all the sounds.

Thanks for any help. :)

Alan
Yes...but it is best to use the waveform list in the SFO dialog. There is a limit, in that SE's SF2 loader can only load up to 4 banks, which is why we have just 20 samples in there.( I could be wrong) ZVONS M42 sf2's are excellent and were made for this synth..so you can't go wrong!!

Tim
Last edited by tconrardy on Thu May 18, 2006 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Tim.

Sorry to be dense, but does that mean that for each bank there are 4 samples?

If I load a bank and change the number in the Bank box (say from 61 to 62) I should hear a different sound?

Thanks for your help.

AlanB

AlanB wrote:Thanks Tim.

Sorry to be dense, but does that mean that for each bank there are 4 samples?

If I load a bank and change the number in the Bank box (say from 61 to 62) I should hear a different sound?

Thanks for your help.

AlanB
Ok..sorry for the confusion, I was trying to figure out what you meant by 61, 62...its B1, B2 ( Bank 1, bank 2, ect) You use the SFO part to change the banks ( B1, B2, B3, B4) and then click into the waveform part to toggle the five sounds in the bank. Thats just how the SE SF2 osc works. So we wanted to get as many sounds into M42 as possible, so the only way is to change banks..5 samples to each bank.

You can also create your own sf2's by assembling indevidual sf2's from the net, and using Vienna or the emu bank manager( both free) but its a slight PITA :-)

Hope this helps

Tim

It turns out that the problem was due to a problem with my M42 installation. I reinstalled and everything is now fine.

Thanks for your help Tim. :)

AlanB

Return to “AlgoMusic”