Neurosynth Update: Cortex v2.5

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ImageCortex has been updated to v2.5
Here's what's new:
  • -improved sample browsing: open up a folder directory for quick selection of samples
    -added key trigger options: pressing a key can now trigger either the sequencer, as one-shot drum, or both simultaneously.
    -sequences or one-shots can be assigned to specific notes, or tracked across the full keys
    -accents under each step can now be used to reverse or loop that step
    -pitch envelope can now be looped with the sample, or made to follow the amp envelope
    -added sustain control to amp envelopes for triggering sustained one-shots or loops
    -added polyphony to tone section of each cell: allows polyphonic sequences
    -added new randomization option: selects randomization of sequence speed or position
    -includes more samples
    (155 with full version; 77 with demo)
Along with the included 155 samples, registered users will also recieve access to two extra sample packs:
  • -The zFX sample pack is a collection of 61 FX samples designed by Les Productions Zvon.
    -The Bent sample pack includes 42 FX samples designed by Psychic Modulation.
The demo version no longer uses a noise burst, instead the sound will drop out, replaced by a soft tone. Download it here:
http://www.psychicmodulation.com/Cortex.html

Cerebrum is one of seven instruments included in the Neurosynth Pack, available here:
http://www.psychicmodulation.com/neuro3.html
Last edited by jack [psychicmodulation] on Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just fixed a problem with an image file loading on startup. If you got this error message, download again, it should work fine now.

Thanks, Jack!!

Jack R wrote: -The zFX sample pack is a collection of 61 FX samples designed by Les Productions Zvon.
These and quite a few others included are new and exclusive to Cortex 2.5

finally got a chance to play with the new Cortex, now I can't wait to get back to it again!

I hope you are going to continue improving and creating new tools for a long time!

you make really nice stuff!

I just found out about this plug today and like it!
Some FRs:

1) allow the 3 samples in each drum cell to have exclusive "tone" and "envelope" settings.

2)allow the arrow keys to be utilized for faster sample scanning

3 utilize the same scanning concept used with samples for .fxb files for instant loading.

4)Have a universal random button (I use this alot with LiveSlice)

That's it for now. Cool plug. I'm awaiting the release of EXT2. After which i will see what additional plugs i want to use with it.
Give me freedom or give me television

Former Pharaoh wrote: 1) allow the 3 samples in each drum cell to have exclusive "tone" and "envelope" settings.
Well, those settings are tied to the sequencer, so if I added an individual tone/env for each sample, it would also be duplicating the sequencers, and that would increase the cpu load drastically. It would be cool to have more control over each sample in the multiwav players though. I'll try and think of a way to implement more individual control of each sample's parameters.
2)allow the arrow keys to be utilized for faster sample scanning
Do you mean using the arrow keys to browse the sample directory?
This does work.
Or are you reffering to somthing else?
3 utilize the same scanning concept used with samples for .fxb files for instant loading.
Currently, as I understand, the only way to load patches with a SynthEdit plugin is with the host's patch selection.
4)Have a universal random button (I use this alot with LiveSlice)
This has crossed my mind a couple times, and I will give it further thought. If possible, I would like to randomize parameters like pitch, vol, env etc with it's own button, and sequencer parameters with a different button. Both buttons could cover all patch settings, except for controls like the 'play' and 'host' buttons, and perhaps leaving the drum mixer alone as well.

Do you mean using the arrow keys to browse the sample directory?
This does work.
Or are you reffering to somthing else?
My bad. I had Midi Keyhook enabled. :oops: Works fine.
I would like to randomize parameters like pitch, vol, env etc with it's own button, and sequencer parameters with a different button. Both buttons could cover all patch settings, except for controls like the 'play' and 'host' buttons, and perhaps leaving the drum mixer alone as well.
This would be good.

Also, the possibility to go 32 steps would be nice. :D
Give me freedom or give me television

Return to “Psychic Modulation”