Is it ok to make lots of stuff?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Flow of consciousness… leave it for a while… go back and filter then tweak… move on.
Try not to clutter the airwaves with sub standard noodles by exercising self control and critiquing your work before you press send or conversely clutter the airwaves with noodles - there’s always someone who will think it’s the dogs b’s.
Define for yourself the difference between loving the process or loving your ego.
Have fun:)

When you are starting out: Quantity>Quality

Guiscard wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:21 am When you are starting out: Quantity>Quality
Yes, I have heard this is the fatest way to gain skill
A well-behaved signature.

Gavincoolguy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:07 am ...
I've made 60+ tracks, 4 hours or so of "music" which ive mixed and distributed. It's not great and could use a metronome but a metronome f**ks me up. Is it a joke or insulting to musicians for someone to just come along and do a brain dump as they learn.
Of course you can write and record a lot of songs and put them on the
net. This is also good for practicing and getting into a certain routine.

But there is another side:

The web is already filled with all sorts of things. And many search
engines and site operators do nothing else than separate "the many",
the noise and the trivial from the really interesting content.

And at some point you will also ask yourself the question: Do I want to
contribute to the trivial and to the noise - and thus litter the net?

Or do I want to contribute something really important? Isn't it a much
better feeling to work on just one song until I really like the song myself?
Until I can really stand behind a song like that myself? So until I feel like
I'm contributing something "important" and "beautiful"?

The question is: Do I want to add something to the general garbage
and noise? Or do I want to contribute something meaningful and
important?

I strongly advocate taking a step back and working more on individual
songs and only presenting them to the public if they are really "good".
:wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Gavincoolguy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:07 amIt's not great…
If you made it and you don’t think it’s great, why would you think someone else would think it’s great. Maybe spend a bit more time on it and work in it until it’s great.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

To explain it a little better, this video is quite good: Click me! :D

The point is: You shouldn't only release songs or present them here that you yourself are absolutely
convinced are good. The process is also important - and the most important thing is the song
composition! If the song idea isn't that great, then you can tweak the arrangement or the sounds
for a long time - it won't be that great!
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Thanks to everyone that encouraged me to make as much as I could. I've gotten much better over the last year getting to where I want to be and it even generates some interest. I'll never have an education in Music but we all have it in us I think regardless. Cheers.

vurt wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:07 pm it matters not, like children, your latest is always favourite!
This sounds rather personal ... :lol:

rj0 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:37 am
vurt wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:07 pm it matters not, like children, your latest is always favourite
vurt is the first-born in a large family.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:57 am
vurt wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:07 pm it matters not, like children, your latest is always favourite
Ahh ...

Michael L wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:32 am
Gavincoolguy wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:09 pm
Michael L wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:41 am deadmau5 started out making a track a day
That's really interesting I'll have to see if I can track some of his stuff down when he was working at that pace and maybe I will be able to hear what he was working towards.
https://soundcloud.com/kujsp/deadmau5-c ... %201995%5D
He had a clear vision and made decisions really fast, going through kick samples like flipping cards until he found the right one, etc. There is a lot to be said for working fast enough to keep an idea alive.
By the time I've figured out how to do something, I've forgotten what it was I was trying to do! :lol:
Why am I here? :dog:

Gavincoolguy wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:13 pm Thanks to everyone that encouraged me to make as much as I could. I've gotten much better over the last year getting to where I want to be and it even generates some interest. I'll never have an education in Music but we all have it in us I think regardless. Cheers.
I'm like you, virtually zero knowledge, but I just give it a go and enjoy it! What it's all about ain't it? My stuff gets no attention but, who knows, in fifty years, I might be famous! :lol: although... I'll be dead by then and chances are Google will own the world! :o

rj0 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:46 am
Ahh ...
im an only child! :D

but you see it when you're out and about, mum and dad, cooing over the little one in the pram, while the toddler is running feral, out in to roads, walking off with strangers, falling in sink holes...

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:39 pm
Ahh ...

but you see it when you're out and about, mum and dad, cooing over the little one in the pram, while the toddler is running feral, out in to roads, walking off with strangers, falling in sink holes...
So you missed out on the fun toddler stuff? :ud:

rj0 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:00 am
vurt wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:39 pm
Ahh ...
So you missed out on the fun toddler stuff? :ud:
There are still plenty of strangers & sinkholes! :hyper:
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”