Got Komplete Kontrol (Kore lite) today for free....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@dewdman42, its "Komplete Kontrol" , check your spam folder... i received my email 2 days ago, but i didn't see it, and given its says "IMPORTANT: ... " in the subject, i suspect it didn't go into my inbox for some odd reason.

also perhaps check your account/product serials as its listed there for download for me.

Mace404 wrote: Also managed to get all the macro/easy controls mapped into Novation's Automap. That works like a charm. The 8 endless rotary controls have (as far as I can see) the same functionality as the Kontrol keyboards.
But how does that work when the parameter names change? Won't auto map show the names that were there when you made the template? For example if you map out parameters when Massive is loaded, they would have those parameters and then when you load Absynth, the parameters would now have those names of the Absynth macros. I don't have my Novation SL keyboard set up but this is the issue I'm facing with Bitwig which basically makes it unusable for mapping parameters since when you map parameter pages the names don't change when the plug-in changes.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
Mace404 wrote: Also managed to get all the macro/easy controls mapped into Novation's Automap. That works like a charm. The 8 endless rotary controls have (as far as I can see) the same functionality as the Kontrol keyboards.
But how does that work when the parameter names change? Won't auto map show the names that were there when you made the template?
In Kore (using my template) they autoupdate when you change the patch or plugin - that works as long as you don't write your own custom param names. Is it not the same in Automap?

I was semi-curious about it but didn't install because I suspected it was going to be just like the Maschine browser.

And the timing seems a bit weird given that Komplete 10 is gonna ship Real Soon Now anyway.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
But how does that work when the parameter names change? Won't auto map show the names that were there when you made the template? For example if you map out parameters when Massive is loaded, they would have those parameters and then when you load Absynth, the parameters would now have those names of the Absynth macros. I don't have my Novation SL keyboard set up but this is the issue I'm facing with Bitwig which basically makes it unusable for mapping parameters since when you map parameter pages the names don't change when the plug-in changes.
That is indeed an issue but I save the template in a way no names are linked to the parameters and when you load the template it uses the names currently assigned.
So when you first load Komplete Kontrol the names are empty. Then you browse a sound and when you reload the template it will fill the names with the ones from the selected sound/plugin.
If you switch afterwards you have to reload the template.

Not the best but it works pretty good. Loading templates goes very fast anyways. (view button > open and press enter)

Works good enough for me to hold off buying a Kontrol keyboard for now and see what the software will support eventually.
For now its NI instruments only and I really want effects and 3rd party VST's as well before I consider buying.

Here is the automap file: https://copy.com/kpubAmRuZAPn

Installed mine yesterday, it's nice for what it does and especially great considering how much load time is shaved between the different synths/samples. I did have to 're-point' to specific paths but everything in the synth line, including third party presets comes up better than ever before.

I can't say the same for third party Kontakt libraries though. (Whether licensed or not).
So I'm basically only getting NI Kontakt sounds and anything third party shows as corrupted or incompatible with this. Tried introducing specific paths to which it says they're already there, but they don't come up. And with Kontakt, what I use is 98% third party sounds.

Anyone have a suggestion before I submit a ticket to NI and go through a week long or more process?

*(BTW, it also re-installed the Service Center with this package and it had multiple problems, so I went to the NI site and re-downloaded just the latest SC and it now works as its suppose to).

BBFG# wrote: I can't say the same for third party Kontakt libraries though. (Whether licensed or not).
So I'm basically only getting NI Kontakt sounds and anything third party shows as corrupted or incompatible with this. Tried introducing specific paths to which it says they're already there, but they don't come up. And with Kontakt, what I use is 98% third party sounds.
Firstly are these libraries of the sort that show up in the Libraries tab in Kontakt? It looks like these are the only ones that will import. Apart from that I would not be surprised if numerous third party Kontakt devs are not frantically trying to make their libraries compatible with Komplete so in some or even many cases it might be a case of waiting for them to play catch up. 3 things they need to do as a minimum - ensure their libraries are properly tagged so they are searchable in the database, ensure they can be controlled using the knobs on the keyboard, and add support files (image thumbnails etc) so they appear properly in the browser.

Monolith files are not shown in the Kontrol browser for some reason. After I saved them as patch+samples they did show up.

aMUSEd wrote:
BBFG# wrote: I can't say the same for third party Kontakt libraries though. (Whether licensed or not).
Firstly are these libraries of the sort that show up in the Libraries tab in Kontakt? It looks like these are the only ones that will import. Apart from that I would not be surprised if numerous third party Kontakt devs are not frantically trying to make their libraries compatible with Komplete so in some or even many cases it might be a case of waiting for them to play catch up. 3 things they need to do as a minimum - ensure their libraries are properly tagged so they are searchable in the database, ensure they can be controlled using the knobs on the keyboard, and add support files (image thumbnails etc) so they appear properly in the browser.

Both really, The ones I tried to really get working were the ones showing in the libraries when I open Kontakt on its own though. I also notice that I can only get the midi learn to work on certain things (works on Massive; FM8 but not Absynth, Reaktor or Kontakt). The paths show in the DB and are confirmed when I tried to add them as their own path. Libraries are shown as their own plugin though, separate from the Kontakt plugin for which I only get the Kontakt factory sounds. Clicking on the User set shows nothing. All libraries and third party sets are in the same folder and Scan seems to show a long list I assume has all of them (again confirmed any time I try to add a specific one as 'already has that path in DB'.)

e.g. EthnoWorld, REV, Best Service, SampleLogic, SonicCouture, Vir2 and Infinite libraries for licensed ones - Precision Sounds, Insurro, Indiginus and others for non-licensed.

I'm going to double check to see if I'm missing something in Importing them next.

Absynth is a new download as of today (control centre) to support Komplete Kontrol (seriously, a 100 meg download to add this!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

every NI update is the entire program installer. it replaces your existing install, so at the end of the day it isn't really that much more than you had before in terms of hard drive space, tho I suppose if you have a download cap, it might come into play.

A nice thing I've noticed about using Reaktor in Komplete Kontrol is that they've shortened the parameter names to actually be usable from hardware. Reaktor has insane long names because they have the different modules within the name. They've done something to cut it down in the middle and have the useful name show up. And I think it even does this for non library ensembles.

Yep, that's automation enhancements in 5.9.2. Now you can enter a custom name for each automatable control.

EvilDragon wrote:Yep, that's automation enhancements in 5.9.2. Now you can enter a custom name for each automatable control.
So you're saying the names were actually modified in this way for the factory ensembles? Hmm I thought I tried the same ensembles both ways (individually and and via komplete kontrol) and it was just in komplete kontrol that they were shortened. Or maybe I'm misremembering.

Return to “Instruments”