Got Komplete Kontrol (Kore lite) today for free....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:tu:

Anyone other Komplete 9 users get the email today with the download and serial?

Came as a nice surprise, installed- played- not all of the sounds are mapped yet, but it is pretty cool being able to get at all of the NI instruments from within one window without having to load all of the different instruments to audition. Arp and Scale functions pretty cool, all in all not bad for free- its basically just the Maschine instrument search panel set loose...but with every NI instrument (and NI pre-set + expansions) tagged with useful descriptive terms

No ability to mix/chain or add effects (its not Kore) but its a start, and its free, so I am not complaining- they just need to get the maschine patch out now so I can control it from machine...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I installed it and updated everything but doesn't seem to be working for me for some reason. Nothing shows up in browser.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Did you run the standalone first? You need to (standard NI practice).

It's a decent way to browse Komplete presets. I don't see a quick button for expanding the plug-in view to the full view though. I think you need to go into the menu and hit full view or whatever it's called. A quick view button would be better.

I'm not sure yet if this is worth using rather than the individual plug-ins. Perhaps if you want to search everything for a particular sound rather than in one plug-in. I haven't investigated yet how the plug-in parameters are stored and ordered. I assume that they have mapped them out in groups of 8 that make sense so one possible benefit might be that you could assign the parameters in Ableton or Bitwig and then whatever plug-in opens perhaps it will fill those slots in a useful way. Still need to test that. I have noticed that there are many empty parameter slots between the arp stuff and the plug-in parameters though.

I did see that there are included instrument preset files for Ableton which I assume are simply pre-configured orders of parameters for hardware control. That might be a good hint for setting up something similar in Bitwig or Novation automap or whatever mapping method.

Just an FYI: It doesn't work if you have moved your VSTs to a different place than your originally installed them as there is no way to point Kontrol to the new location.

If you moved your VST folder to an SSD, Kontrol is totally useless unless you reinstall.

Works great on my Mac because all the plugins are in the location where they were originally installed, doesn't work at all on my PC because I moved them to my SSD a while back.

Opened a ticket with NI about this matter, if I get a response from them I will post it here.
Last edited by Phorous on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Echoes in the Attic wrote:It's a decent way to browse Komplete presets. I don't see a quick button for expanding the plug-in view to the full view though. I think you need to go into the menu and hit full view or whatever it's called. A quick view button would be better.
The + button opens the expanded view, just not the edit view (with the file/prefs menu) - I guess the assumption is most of the time you don't need those as you can browse and load presets via Komplete Kontrol (only if you want to save a new patch)

Voice303 wrote:Just an FYI: It doesn't work if you have moved your VSTs to a different place than your originally installed them as there is no way to point Kontrol to the new location.
Yeah, thing is NI are quite insistent that it is not recommended to move their plugins and Mac installers will keep installing to where they were first installed even if you have moved them (something I discovered to my cost when I tried putting them all in separate folders for instruments and fx). So alternative locations are not likely to be supported.

works ok with fm8 and massive, but for some reason it doesnt read 99% of my reaktor userlibrary and only reads the kontakt libraries that use NIs registration...
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

twolegstoneworks wrote:works ok with fm8 and massive, but for some reason it doesnt read 99% of my reaktor userlibrary and only reads the kontakt libraries that use NIs registration...
Same system as in Maschine - there are a few things you need to do for Reaktor ensembles to work well in Kontrol - basically the groundwork was laid a couple of updates ago. Firstly there is no point in importing them unless automation is setup (so params map to the controller) and some thought as to the order of params will help with the automapping. Secondly, you need to add instrument metadata to the snapshots as it only allows import of instruments (at the moment). Finally add a path to your converted ensembles folder to the user paths in options and scan them.

Voice303 wrote:Just an FYI: It doesn't work if you have moved your VSTs to a different place than your originally installed them as there is no way to point Kontrol to the new location.

If you moved your VST folder to an SSD, Kontrol is totally useless unless you reinstall.

Works great on my Mac because all the plugins are in the location where they were originally installed, doesn't work at all on my PC because I moved them to my SSD a while back.

Opened a ticket with NI about this matter, if I get a response from them I will post it here.
Worked for me? I moved all my NI stuff of my SSD to another drive and it found it OK once I set the path in and did a re-scan?

It said with download that a lot of the NI instruments haven't been 'Kontrolified' yet and they will be updated to work- I had 4 updates today when I ran service centre, all for Kontrol
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

aMUSEd wrote:But it does work with Kore ;)

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... st-1316769
That's pretty cool!

aMUSEd wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:It's a decent way to browse Komplete presets. I don't see a quick button for expanding the plug-in view to the full view though. I think you need to go into the menu and hit full view or whatever it's called. A quick view button would be better.
The + button opens the expanded view, just not the edit view (with the file/prefs menu) - I guess the assumption is most of the time you don't need those as you can browse and load presets via Komplete Kontrol (only if you want to save a new patch)
I was using Massive and it didn't have the + button, had to go in the menu.

It should do :?

Maybe a bug - what is the setup - is Massive uptodate?

Works with 3rd party .nki files

Return to “Instruments”