Yay, I finally purchased AA Reverb!! :D

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sascha Franck wrote:I can't do anything else but totally second everything that has been said in favour of the AA Reverb in this thread. It's just marvelleous, I love it for almost everything. And for the (very few, if any) things it can't do, I still have Logics Space Designer. Couldn't be any happier regarding reverbs.
Also, I simply love the easy copy protection - just *exactly* what the doctor ordered: A high quality plugin with a simple serial number protection. Thanks for that!
Nice! I hear the Logic one is quite good, too.

bduffy wrote:I hear the Logic one is quite good, too.
Well, basically it's a convolution reverb, not that much more. But its CPU useage is astounding, I can run like, hm, 20-30 (using a 2 second reverb) or so easily on my Macbook. Really, the perfect companion for AAR.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Sascha Franck wrote:
bduffy wrote:I hear the Logic one is quite good, too.
Well, basically it's a convolution reverb, not that much more. But its CPU useage is astounding, I can run like, hm, 20-30 (using a 2 second reverb) or so easily on my Macbook. Really, the perfect companion for AAR.
20-30 instances of a convolution reverb!?!? :-o I thought convolution was always more CPU... :?

bduffy wrote: 20-30 instances of a convolution reverb!?!? :-o I thought convolution was always more CPU... :?
Yes, 20-30. The MacPros are easily running like 60 or so of them.

Anyways, SpaceDesigner is a special kind of reverb. It's not working with the responses directly but converting them into its own format first (I wouldn't happen to know how to describe that any better). Maybe that's why some people claim it to be of worse sonic quality - I wouldn't happen to know (or hear) that.
In addition, it seems to be one of the most optimized of Logics plugins.
Really, one of the better things when using Logic on a Mac.

Double post. Friggin' slow server these days...

nick at artsacoustic wrote: so from the deepest of our hearts, thank you for your loyalty, which you, by the way, will not regret, i'll give you that much.
let me guess, we'll get a second license?

:D :D :D

I'm really keen to read the exact definition of the term "soon" in this context..

cheers,
LiteOn

LiteOn wrote:
nick at artsacoustic wrote: so from the deepest of our hearts, thank you for your loyalty, which you, by the way, will not regret, i'll give you that much.
let me guess, we'll get a second license?

:D :D :D
i don't see no "soon" in my post? :wink:
however, according to our license policy you wouldn't benefit too much from that. :)

LiteOn wrote:I'm really keen to read the exact definition of the term "soon" in this context..
i know, but i won't talk about it, it's too early to be precise somehow and i don't want to get nailed on that. you know how it is. :wink:
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

Hi Nick,
nick at artsacoustic wrote: i don't see no "soon" in my post? :wink:
damn, too careful reader you are, but I had to try once more ;-)
nick at artsacoustic wrote: however, according to our license policy you wouldn't benefit too much from that. :)
To clarify why I added three :D :D :D I may cite some words from the license agreement taken from the (enlighting) manual right here: " ....grants to you the right to use one copy of the enclosed SOFTWARE on all your computers which are used in the context of one single project" (sic!). I think, that tells its own tale....

nick at artsacoustic wrote: i know, but i won't talk about it, it's too early to be precise somehow and i don't want to get nailed on that. you know how it is. :wink:
Yes, I know .... unfortunately ;-)

cheers,
LiteOn
Last edited by LiteOn on Sun May 06, 2007 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

as you see, a second license wouldn't help at all. you already got it, so to say. :)
that's why we call it a "fair-use-policy".

Image :o :-o :shock: Holy crap this thing is AMAZING!!

L

You haven't tried it before, L?

nick at artsacoustic wrote:as you see, a second license wouldn't help at all. you already got it, so to say. :)
Ähm, Nick, you do know that I knew? That's the very and only reason why I dropped my :D :D :D

(of course, somewhere deep in my mind I hoped I could provoke you to let the cat, or some kiddies, out of the bag. But I know that you were aware.. ;-) )

cheers,
LiteOn

bduffy wrote:You haven't tried it before, L?
The gui is kinda like Waves TV which is what I use (as you know).. Thats where the simularities end! Did you try this in the upsample scheme?

L

Lagrange wrote:
bduffy wrote:You haven't tried it before, L?
The gui is kinda like Waves TV which is what I use (as you know).. Thats where the simularities end! Did you try this in the upsample scheme?

L
Well, yes; I wound up doing upsampled stem mixes for about half of my album, but I dropped it because some of the mixes were too fragile to reconstruct as stems, and really, the difference was too subtle to notice. Considering you can use 64-bit processing already with AAR, I don't think you'll notice much difference at 96khz. :shrug:

Or rather, I think the whole upsampling thing can be lost at the "prosumer" level, with less-than-perfect tracking, gear and monitoring.

But a bit better than Waves TR, I can tell you that! :wink:

Lagrange wrote:Image :o :-o :shock: Holy crap this thing is AMAZING!!

L
you mean the gui in particular??

Return to “Arts Acoustic”