FabFilter Pro-R 2 -> Released Thursday November 2, 2023

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

koalaboy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:10 pm I found it to be quite similar in many case, but perhaps that's my poor ears.
Without having tried Pro-R 2 yet, I would totally expect the accuracy to wildly depend on the IR in question. I would be shocked and utterly confused if it managed to mimic all rooms/reverberation nearly equally well.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:46 pm
koalaboy wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:10 pm I found it to be quite similar in many case, but perhaps that's my poor ears.
Without having tried Pro-R 2 yet, I would totally expect the accuracy to wildly depend on the IR in question. I would be shocked and utterly confused if it managed to mimic all rooms/reverberation nearly equally well.
Pro-R2 does not. It sucks in an IR, processes it and gives you a algo reverb that may or may not have some semblance of the IR in a convo reverb. I consider it a fun "toy" to help get some creative results. YMMV

So it’s no good at the one thing that would make it really useful and unique?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

plexuss wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:45 am
jens wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:46 pm
Pro-R2 does not. It sucks in an IR, processes it and gives you a algo reverb that may or may not have some semblance of the IR in a convo reverb.
Isn't that basically what I just said?

I also said that this has to be expected though - but that does not automatically render this feature useless.

I'd think to get the most out of it, the user needs to understand/get familiar with the strengths an limits of the algorithm, then feed it a reasonable selection of IRs based on this knowledge.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jamcat wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:51 am So it’s no good at the one thing that would make it really useful and unique?
Well, that one thing IMO works very well as a sound design tool.

Fleer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:52 am
jamcat wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:51 am So it’s no good at the one thing that would make it really useful and unique?
Well, that one thing IMO works very well as a sound design tool.
Exactly.

i find the decay-EQ section plus out-EQ on top if it, one of the BIG things !

not tested yet the IR import.
Need to check vs. the BAM IRs !....this should become interesting

Funky40 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:37 am i find the decay-EQ section plus out-EQ on top if it, one of the BIG things !
is it the same as in v1 or is there anything new (in re decy-eq/eq) ?

muki wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:56 pm
Funky40 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:37 am i find the decay-EQ section plus out-EQ on top if it, one of the BIG things !
is it the same as in v1 or is there anything new (in re decy-eq/eq) ?
thats a good. question !
i can´t give you a reliable answer.
In short: much likely, no !

First i thought there is something new in the EQ section.
Coming from looking at the advertisement respectivly the Demo video.
When i tested the pro-R2, i tought, that was all alllready there. ....No ?
So, no, i don´t "think" that there´s anything new in the EQ section itself.
Can´t say it for sure.

My take on the Pro-R2 for Higher Hz. It is very smooth and sounds great in the way that people seem to want.
https://youtu.be/RVTZ17ljWTc?si=j0QOzw1mzVZlXsfn
For me, it is not the sound or style I dig. Plus I tend to find it too safe overall. The WAV import is interesting. I do not test to see how same-same it is compared to the input - I assume it to be averaged, as are all resynthesis functions. Still, it can be a bit of fun to bring in something odd.
:-)

wow i dug out Pro-R and i did use IKM CSR Reverb a lot since IKM sucks big time since years for me and randomly crashes a lot and support is just awful i didnt expect Pro-R comes close! maybe i just didnt use CSR Reverb very complex but anyone who uses this from IKM try it out. Fabfilter for me is rock solid and one of the few companies without onlince crap copy protection.

not having checle Pro-R2 yet.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

It's a good reverb, but I am wondering if there will be a bf price

DCrown wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:52 am It's a good reverb, but I am wondering if there will be a bf price
Most probably their usual 25% off everything. Or, if they decide the upgrade is too recent to be discounted, they'll wait for Christmas.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

PSA: If you bought Pro R2 at full price you can reach out to fabfilter support and get a 25% refund
https://www.fabfilter.com/forum/topic/7484

Was a 44€ upgrade for me... so why not? :)

An already nice reverb got a nice update.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Return to “Effects”