FabFilter Pro-R 2 -> Released Thursday November 2, 2023

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks like FabFilter Pro-R 2 is about to be released.

Full immersive/Atmos support, new Vintage and Plate algorithms, built-in ducking and auto-gate, IR import and much more...

Pro-R 2 will be available from Thursday November 2, 2023.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwWdevpjk1k
Last edited by billcarroll on Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

OMG, yes please!

OMG mmmmmmm
aliasing plugin owner
:?

I was expecting Pro-Q4, Pro-C3 or Pro-L3 but not Pro-R2 - none the less, this is good as well.

Insta buy :tu:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Oh cool! The intro is out!

If you look carefully at that intro video you can see that it represents the song pretty closely. Those are really all my automation lanes going nuts, the freeze button hits exactly at the correct place in the video too! Nicely done Bas!
billcarroll wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:35 pm IR import

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwWdevpjk1k
Just want to comment on this as there seems to be a lot of misunderstanding of this, going by the comments in the youtube video. Probably the words "IR Import" wasn't the correct choice of words. They should have called it "IR analysis and synthesis".. or something like that.

It's not actual convolution. In a way it's much cooler than that. It analyzes the impulse response, then synthesizes it and parameterizes to the Pro-R 'Modern' algorithm. Setting pre-delay, size, length, EQ and all the damping automatically. Naturally this wont always result in a 1 to 1 impulse response but sometimes it's damn close!

Personally I think this feature is amazing!
Last edited by bmanic on Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

HcDoom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:21 pm I was expecting Pro-Q4, Pro-C3 or Pro-L3 but not Pro-R2 - none the less, this is good as well.
I was hoping for twin 3.1.... but that's not how they operate unfortunately .. .

Jac459 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:01 pm
HcDoom wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:21 pm I was expecting Pro-Q4, Pro-C3 or Pro-L3 but not Pro-R2 - none the less, this is good as well.
I was hoping for twin 3.1.... but that's not how they operate unfortunately .. .
Twin 3 update will definitely be coming though. I'm due sending them 100 new presets as soon as I can get the damn work finished! Now is a very good time to send them any feature requests you have for Twin 3. If they aren't too huge of an ask, they may possibly be implemented! I'm afraid my own requests have been a bit on the too big of an ask so I really hope others are sending them feedback too.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I too am hoping for a Twin 3 update, the last support request I sent to them, their answer left me shall we say puzzled...
anyway let me not further go away from the thread title..

rsp
sound sculptist

What is the likely intro price of this for someone who doesn't own any Fabfilter products?

Vortifex wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:14 pm What is the likely intro price of this for someone who doesn't own any Fabfilter products?
Dolby Atmos support, so probably $999

likely price with no other discounts $140?

I was expecting Pro-G 2, but this is even better.

bmanic wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:03 pm
Jac459 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:01 pm
Twin 3 update will definitely be coming though. I'm due sending them 100 new presets as soon as I can get the damn work finished! Now is a very good time to send them any feature requests you have for Twin 3. If they aren't too huge of an ask, they may possibly be implemented! I'm afraid my own requests have been a bit on the too big of an ask so I really hope others are sending them feedback too.
Oh! Thanks for this excellent news. I love twin 3 even if it is limited. That is why I am hopeful on new features.
Where can I request them?
Support?

To me it would be:
FM between oscillators,
new oscillators types (wavetable and spectral/additive),
and some more routing capacities in particular with FX.

And yes, my dream, CLAP format full support....

NikkiA wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:24 pm
Vortifex wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:14 pm What is the likely intro price of this for someone who doesn't own any Fabfilter products?
Dolby Atmos support, so probably $999
Lol, I think even Fabfilter would be embarrassed to charge that much.

Return to “Effects”