AUM Audio Mixer - iPad, a 'must have' for iOS music makers

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you're using more than one synth at a time, such as wanting 3 synths at the same time plus a couple of additional MIDI controllers/generators that interact with the synths, but then apply EQ, compression, delay, and reverb, and then adjust the stereo image and then master it on your phone or iPad, AUM is a must have - and has been for many years, now.

Works great on the iPhone, too.

:tu: Lovin' it!

Question, as pretty obviously there are more knowledgeable ios music people in this thread than I am :)

My use case for ios apps is pretty narrow--I use them at gigs with my MODX, which has a built-in audio interface. Primarily I use B3X which sounds MUCH better than the MODX organs do, but I'm considering using some synths as well. I have Model D, Model 15 and Zeeon among others. The way I use B3X is dirt simple: I leave it running and responding to a particular midi channel, and if I want to play it I have performances on the MODX that transmit on that channel :) Caveman level basically. I'm considering trying out OB-XD, which leads me to my actual question:

Is AUM the way to go if I want to pop say some verb on a synth such as OB-XD (which has none)? Zeeon has reverb but it doesn't sound great to me. I like to keep things simple and above all whatever I use has to be stable in a gig situation.

A second question that is a shot in the dark: I'm wondering about the ipads with usb-c and whether those will work as well as my older lightning connection model will. I have one cable handling midi and audio to the MODX via a camera connection kit. Part of me wants to not rock that boat, while another part wants to get the beefier ipad pro (I tend to buy things to last.) I suspect the answer to this depends mainly on the MODX which is why it's probably not something most of you could help with, but doesn't hurt to ask. I did see one post on reddit where a user had success with one usb-c to usb-b printer cable (no cck) while another cable didn't work. That kind of thing makes me nervous.

Shame you can't use it on Spotify and use those headphone HRTF plugins like Sienna Rooms which can only be run as a standalone app.

I prefer to listen to music with some sort of crossfeed over headphones or it sounds unnatural.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

It really truly madly is a shame that there is no crosfeeds options on iOS.

One would have thought they would use there brains and implement something, like Can opener, in the sound options in iOS. On both iPhones and iPads. Wireless headphones are the same as wired ones. It's just the connection that varies.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

But wireless connection adds unacceptable latency for music making. Just listening is fine… Its certainly not at all the same as wired headphones…

Aum is amazing !

Guys, do you know if is possible to use iPad’s keyboard to play midi/ piano on cubasis like someone would do with a mac’s keyboard on logic for example?

Marcodf7 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:50 pm Guys, do you know if is possible to use iPad’s keyboard to play midi/ piano on cubasis like someone would do with a mac’s keyboard on logic for example?
You can get a music keyboard app... works better than text keys

pdxindy wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:51 pm
Marcodf7 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:50 pm Guys, do you know if is possible to use iPad’s keyboard to play midi/ piano on cubasis like someone would do with a mac’s keyboard on logic for example?
You can get a music keyboard app... works better than text keys
Yep but I would like to play with the Smartfolio iPad keyboard not the touchscreen keyboard of the iPad itself. You know what I mean? Like you would do on logic on mac if you don’t have a midi external controller by simply using the mac keyboard.

Do you know guys is Cubasis does support the smartfolio keyboard for pianoroll midi and in daw production and shortcuts in general ?

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”