What's Happened to Thumbs Down on Posts??

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:24 pm where im from, a thumbs up is equivalent to the vsign elsewhere.
so if you get a thumbs up from me, im actually telling you to f**k off.
just so you know!
:tu:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:27 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:24 pm where im from, a thumbs up is equivalent to the vsign elsewhere.
so if you get a thumbs up from me, im actually telling you to f**k off.
just so you know!
:tu:
:hug:
you don't want to know what that means :o

If seriously thumbs-down had to be removed because it's harmful and controversial for adult people then I really have no hope for future of human kind. Scenario from movie Equilibrium is closer and closer.

Fortunately this can be hacked by holding the phone upside down.

I think it was removed because it is going to be replaced by a snowflake symbol

AnX wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:38 pm I think it was removed because it is going to be replaced by a snowflake symbol
❄️

i've worked it out: if i turn my macbook upside down, i can do a 'thumbs down' wherever i deem it necessary (which is, basically, everywhere). and many of the posts themselves make as much sense upside down as right side up :tu:

fisherKing wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:42 pm i've worked it out: if i turn my macbook upside down, i can do a 'thumbs down' wherever i deem it necessary (which is, basically, everywhere). and many of the posts themselves make as much sense upside down as right side up :tu:
👎

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:40 pm
AnX wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:38 pm I think it was removed because it is going to be replaced by a snowflake symbol
❄️
reported!

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:43 pm
fisherKing wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:42 pm i've worked it out: if i turn my macbook upside down, i can do a 'thumbs down' wherever i deem it necessary (which is, basically, everywhere). and many of the posts themselves make as much sense upside down as right side up :tu:
👎
now i'm totally confused. with my mac upside down (full disclosure: it's really hard to type like this), i think i'm getting your approval. or is it opposite day..? :ud:

That's just the first step. In the next someone from KVR presents the plans to KVR++, a subscription service for the site.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:26 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:20 pm I liked the thumbs down option... One can just thumbs down instead of writing a critical reply. I think it helps have less arguing.
isn't that the point of forums? i'd call it discussion, not argument. If you only thumbs down a comment without replying how can anyone understand what you disagree on?
Lots of comments are simple and definitive. So a thumbs-up or thumbs-down is equally clear.

Also, if one person just calls another person some insult, a quick thumbs down expresses disapproval without adding to a derailing thread or inviting further conflict. Works well imo.

Yet instagram, twitter, vi-control, gearslutz, the discord and discourse channels I am on don't have them..

rsp
sound sculptist

AnX wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:44 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:40 pm
❄️
reported!

💩

fisherKing wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:52 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:43 pm
👎
now i'm totally confused. with my mac upside down (full disclosure: it's really hard to type like this), i think i'm getting your approval. or is it opposite day..? :ud:
🐮

Vurt's just found an emoji site. :roll:

Return to “Site Stuff”