What's Happened to Thumbs Down on Posts??

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Have I missed something, it just appears to have disappeared??

There uses to be three ways to add to a conversation:
  • thumbs up: indicate a good quality informative post
  • just read it: for your average post
  • thumbs down: for incorrect or inappropriate posts
Without this, there is less ability to help indicate the quality of a post. I strongly believe that thumbs down gives people an incentive to keep posts informative and on track.

Is this a reversible change to KVR?

It's still available:
8E295A4A-DF13-44B0-9788-29F233210F0C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

what thumbs?

Yes, with a thumbs down option, we can steer the moral fibre of KVR members towards the lofty goal of intelligent and informed discussion and open-minded debate by providing them with a well-attested type of aversion therapy. The following step can be that each thumbs down sends a signal to their home computer or laptop to fire a bolt of electricity into their body in order to speed up the learning process. Those to whom the term "laptop" is a literal term will of course learn the fastest.

Erisian wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:33 pm Yes, with a thumbs down option, we can steer the moral fibre of KVR members towards the lofty goal of intelligent and informed discussion and open-minded debate by providing them with a well-attested type of aversion therapy. The following step can be that each thumbs down sends a signal to their home computer or laptop to fire a bolt of electricity into their body in order to speed up the learning process.
wait, how do i give that a thumbs down? i didn't read it, but it's important that i make my point, at all times... no matter how pointless that point is.... :ud:

I noticed that this thread is in the instruments forum. Can I take it that the OP is happy to not have a thumbs down option outside of the instruments forum?

Forget Thumbs Down!
Thumps In is the new trend:
170AC0C2-795D-4B5F-8339-D21F38FE2D5C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cryophonik wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:22 pm viewtopic.php?f=2&t=559817
The mods locked that thread with Bones «comment» as the last.
Good job.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

Thumbs up is the new thumbs down, and the old thumbs up. It represents the absolute value of strength of reaction. You just have to have self awareness to know whether or not the preponderance of responses represent community support for your ideas.

TheMaestro wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:49 pm
cryophonik wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:22 pm viewtopic.php?f=2&t=559817
The mods locked that thread with Bones «comment» as the last.
Good job.
I dunno, having read his comment, I'm starting to think it might be fun if Bones joins in more debates. :party:

Use a thumbs-sideways, it's less offensive but gets the point across

I liked the thumbs down option... One can just thumbs down instead of writing a critical reply. I think it helps have less arguing.

where im from, a thumbs up is equivalent to the vsign elsewhere.
so if you get a thumbs up from me, im actually telling you to f**k off.
just so you know!

pdxindy wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:20 pm I liked the thumbs down option... One can just thumbs down instead of writing a critical reply. I think it helps have less arguing.
isn't that the point of forums? i'd call it discussion, not argument. If you only thumbs down a comment without replying how can anyone understand what you disagree on?

Return to “Site Stuff”