Toybox releases Buzz Zone

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Folks, just to let you know we just released our latest synth: Buzz Zone

Buzz Zone is a boutique performance-oriented synth with a rich set of features, cutting edge DSP and a streamlined modern interface for endless inspiration and experimentation. Like the plugin's predecessor Thump One, the synth plugin has been designed with Toybox's modular, 'west-coast' approach to circuit layout, with gritty oscillators, subtle cross-modulations and high-quality modelling giving the plugin its unique sound.

The synthesiser features two engines that can be layered together and cross modulated for a variety of complex sounds and textures. The 'Synth' engine features two 'wavetable' oscillators, with a large library of included wavetables, that can be combined using a selection of 'Harmony Modes'. The 'Sample' engine can be used to layer additional textures or to drive the built in vocoder.

The interface features a separate multi segment envelope generator (MSEG) for each of the synths main controls for flexible and fluid sound sculpting.

Features:
  • 9 multi segment envelopes, one for each of the 9 main controls, with an intuitive 'auto curve' function
  • Streamlined yet versatile interface with all controls on a single screen
  • Deep analog modelling based on the cream of Eurorack modules and legendary vintage synths
  • 'State of the art' DSP, with the latest ADAA anti-aliasing techniques for rich analog sounds without digital artefacts, even when pushed into extreme territories
  • Creative routing, unusual filters plus FM, AM, ring modulation and wave folding to create
  • harmonically rich analog timbres, ideal for modern sound design
  • Library of crafted wavetables and samples
  • Vocoder mode allows you to imprint tonal characteristics of the loaded samples onto the output of the Synth engine
  • Over 400 presets included from professional sound designers for everything from massive pads to modern drum hits
  • Available for MacOS, Windows and iOS (iPad only)
Pricing and availability:

The plugin is available immediately for the intro price of $24 ($39 Reg.) for MacOS and Windows and $9.99 for iPad.

More information:

https://www.toyboxaudio.com/pages/buzz-zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnt6C2iGJ0E
Last edited by David@TOYBOX on Wed May 22, 2024 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is there a more readable GUI planned? The white on light blue one is pretty much unreadable for me.

edit: nevermind. congrats!
Last edited by funky lime on Sun Jun 02, 2024 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

instant purchase cos i love Thump One so much

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:12 pm Is there a more readable GUI planned? The white on light blue one is pretty much unreadable for me.
Yes, we will add a 'High Contrast Text' option in an update.
funky lime wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:27 pmcurious, there's no demo and there are no audio examples on the site. kind of makes this one a tough sell...
Audio demos coming, there's no official demo yet, but you can grab the sister plug-in 'Thump One' off the site for free :)

emef wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:44 pm instant purchase cos i love Thump One so much
:love:

Love your Reaktor blocks packs, so bought this straight away.

Sounds great and fun to mess around with so far, seems to be quite deep despite simple appearance.

Ran into a few snags though, can't figure out how to set modulation envelopes to bipolar, and when I click on the options cogwheel it's missing a whole bunch of options that are listed in the manual. Am I missing something obvious here?

Edit: Regarding the options - I'm an idiot and can't parse the manual correctly :?
Last edited by BozzR on Tue May 21, 2024 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David@TOYBOX wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:47 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:12 pm Is there a more readable GUI planned? The white on light blue one is pretty much unreadable for me.
Yes, we will add a 'High Contrast Text' option in an update.
Good to know. Will you be doing the same gui update with Thump?

Yes definitely, Thump One will get the same update :)
Last edited by David@TOYBOX on Tue May 21, 2024 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BozzR wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 6:59 pm Love your Reaktor blocks packs, so bought this straight away.

Sounds great and fun to mess around with so far, seems to be quite deep despite simple appearance.

Ran into a few snags though, can't figure out how to set modulation envelopes to bipolar, and when I click on the options cogwheel it's missing a whole bunch of options that are listed in the manual. Am I missing something obvious here?
The envelopes are all uni-polar. We kept options to a minimum to keep the features as focused as possible, so for example you can get a similar bi-polar style envelope by simply starting the envelope off at a higher point.

David@TOYBOX wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:25 pm Yes definitely, Thump One will get the same update :)
:tu:

Is it mono? Poly? Edit: I see the manual has an image with a parameter saying 3 notes of polyphony, I assume it can do more than that.

yes it's 5 note polyphonic, there are also options for 2 different 'stacked' modes, legato etc

There's a deepdive video coming very soon which should help interested folks get a good grip on it :)

It's got a tonne of quirks and exploitable features which we'll cover in some other vids but we're pretty sure there isn't another synth with the routing or mangling potential this has, for the simplicity or cost.

And there'll be a few preset packs (covering the more unusual features) for those who don't like twiddling knobs too much, but like previously unheard sounds :)

CinningBao wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:40 am ......

And there'll be a few preset packs (covering the more unusual features) for those who don't like twiddling knobs too much, but like previously unheard sounds :)
Yes... For me this is what has been holding me back from buying more of Toybox products, I am not a twiddler, just give me sounds that will inspire me.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”