The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

:clap:

Minimonsta is probably the other one most capable of replacing a modular. Nothing against Mini V but it’s not nearly as much of a departure from the original as these two are.

bonch wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:01 amWhoa. You're an extremely angry person for no reason. I can't even take you seriously.
Moronic bullshit like the krap you posted gives me plenty of reason to be angry.
I have used this. I've owned The Legend for years, and I downloaded the trial version of HZ.
If that's true, it just makes what you wrote even more f**king stupid. Why post all that bullshit about YouTube videos being post-produced when you could have been making a direct comparison?
That's not a knock against The Legend HZ. It's really weird that you take it that way.
I didn't take it that way at all, I was just pointing out that what you wrote was complete bullshit. This response makes it appear that it's not even based in any kind of reality.
Other emulations are going to come up in this thread. It's something that's going to happen in any thread about a plug-in because this is a website about plug-ins.
Plenty already has. Thankfully it's mostly been a little less on the side of ignorance/stupidity than what you wrote.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Nicolau wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:34 pm This must be the first subtractive synth with 6 oscillators I know. Isn't that a bit overkill?
When I use oscillator 3 as an LFO, the Semi knob seems to set the frequency. How do I know the Hz value?
z3ta+ from rgc:Audio has 6 oscillators since 2002

carrieres wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:12 am
Nicolau wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 11:34 pm This must be the first subtractive synth with 6 oscillators I know. Isn't that a bit overkill?
When I use oscillator 3 as an LFO, the Semi knob seems to set the frequency. How do I know the Hz value?
I think the discussion was more on VA and not substractive synths. Because if not, almost all synths with routing capacity fulfil the condition.
You can have 50 oscillators feeding a filter in phase plant.

But VAs? I'm not aware of any example.

Korg OPSiX and Arturia DX7V can also be used as Subtractive synths.

Jac459 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:20 am
I think the discussion was more on VA and not substractive synths. Because if not, almost all synths with routing capacity fulfil the condition.

VA as Virtual Analog is a term to define substractive synth starting with the synths like AN1x, Nord lead, Virus, Prophecy and Triton ..., so it is an old concept existing before VST and not implying to be an exact copy of an analog synth.
D-Fusion wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:22 am Korg OPSiX and Arturia DX7V can also be used as Subtractive synths.
I prefer calling these synths FM instead of substractive even if they have a filter and they are definitly not analog

carrieres wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:40 am

VA as Virtual Analog is a term to define substractive synth starting with the synths like AN1x, Nord lead, Virus, Prophecy and Triton ..., so it is an old concept existing before VST and not implying to be an exact copy of an analog synth.
Agreed, but again, in the specific case of this discussion, we were talking about VA where the oscillators are carefully crafted in order to reproduce imperfections.
The point was that adding multiple oscillators of legends hz sounds surprisingly good in a way that you don't find in phase plant or avenger for example.

Eight!

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/oktagon_by_kriminal

carrieres wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:40 am

D-Fusion wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 9:22 am Korg OPSiX and Arturia DX7V can also be used as Subtractive synths.
I prefer calling these synths FM instead of substractive even if they have a filter and they are definitly not analog
They do have many Waveforms to choose from so you can use them as a FM synth or a Subtractive synth.

Back to topic.
I am interested in the RE Version so do i have to buy it twice if i upgrade my Legend vst to Legend HZ?

D-Fusion wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:27 am Back to topic.
I am interested in the RE Version so do i have to buy it twice if i upgrade my Legend vst to Legend HZ?
https://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtop ... 4c#p123348

spacepluk wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:53 am
D-Fusion wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:27 am Back to topic.
https://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtop ... 4c#p123348
Upgraded while i was waiting for a reply so i hope the RS team are Ok with it when it is released :)

seafire wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:02 am
Eight!

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/oktagon_by_kriminal
Phase Plant, 11. But again, the quesiton was on emulation of analog hardware.

Arturia Modular V? It has nine oscillators. It would be interesting if someone with more time on their hands than I do (and skill) could compare The Legend HZ with the Modular V.
Wavetables for DUNE2/3, Blofeld, IL Harmor, Hive and Serum etc: http://charlesdickens.neocities.org/
£10 for lifetime updates including wavetable editor for Windows.

Music: https://soundcloud.com/markholt

Return to “Instruments”