Bitwig 5.2 BETA available

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SmajjL wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:06 pm I am on my way installing something Linux atm, but i think Bitwig did not love when the Synth came onboard and yeah, just mentioned something specific with a name so anyone can confirm if they want :)
You probably need to split that particular track into multiple sections. I wouldn't be surprised if that song changes tempo in more than one place.

Tempo matching isn't magic, and can't work if a song changes tempo.

vroteg wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:00 am Fun fact. Polymer synth don’t have sine wave… Despite the fact it has few oscillators able to make sine wave. Because output is clipped by default.
Decisions of people making the daw highly inadequate…
Hmmm let's pick one little thing and use it as to smear a whole product.

It doesn't matter what you say. Bitwig is easily the most productive and creative DAW I've used. I can just flow with Bitwig better than any of cubase, ableton, fruity or reaper.

The integration of everything, and the seamless grouping and channel mapping make it so easy to work with.

It is the Best for me by far. :tu:

In case I had any doubts I had to do a remix in Ableton this week, and the process sucked in comparison. :borg:

btw, which DAW company are you shilling for while here to knock Bitwig :hihi:

_leras wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:18 am
vroteg wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 6:00 am Fun fact. Polymer synth don’t have sine wave… Despite the fact it has few oscillators able to make sine wave. Because output is clipped by default.
Decisions of people making the daw highly inadequate…
Hmmm let's pick one little thing and use it as to smear a whole product.

It doesn't matter what you say. Bitwig is easily the most productive and creative DAW I've used. I can just flow with Bitwig better than any of cubase, ableton, fruity or reaper.

The integration of everything, and the seamless grouping and channel mapping make it so easy to work with.

It is the Best for me by far. :tu:

In case I had any doubts I had to do a remix in Ableton this week, and the process sucked in comparison. :borg:

btw, which DAW company are you shilling for while here to knock Bitwig :hihi:
But to be clear, polymer DOES have a pure unclipped sine... That is total BS...

Trancit wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:34 am
Funk Dracula wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:21 pm I see. The DAW is highly inadequate because you don't understand how the filters work in Bitwig?

The different filters clip as a matter of emulation/saturation by default. They can be adjusted not to clip, but you knew this of course, because you RTFM right?

Fun Fact: Bitwig is so inadequate they put an entire interactive manual inside the DAW by selecting any device and hitting F1.
This is BS!!
Fun fact... the Bitwigs do it so well that you don´t understand anything!
Another fun fact: They did it so well that you cannot access the inspector parameter you are refering to in Polymer itself so again you have to convert it into a Grid patch...
It makes much sense to post screenshots for features not available in the synth itself...

But anyway...You can turn off the filter in Polymer and still get a clipped Sine wave by default...

It´s clipped because the OSCs are running much too hot for clipping being activated by default on the Audio Out and you are just able to change it by turning it into a grid patch and turn clipping off in there...

The only possibility in Polymer itself you´ve got is to lower the Voice level to about -11db which results into a mix level of nearly -14db!!

vroteg is completely right that this is a nonsense decision of the developers which is more than questionable ... doesn´t happen on any other synth I know ...
I know... all other synth developers are wrong... just the Bitwig´s do it right... :tu:
I don't follow you Trancit. I don't use polymer very often but if you disable the filter and put an oscillator or waveform behind your signal path, you will see that you get a perfect sine.
Where is the clipping you are talking about ?

Trancit wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:34 am vroteg is completely right that this is a nonsense decision of the developers which is more than questionable ... doesn´t happen on any other synth I know ...
I know... all other synth developers are wrong... just the Bitwig´s do it right... :tu:
I really wonder who composes music and thinks: "Oh no – the OSC sine is not coming out perfectly." I have to stop my session, hate my DAW and write to Bitwig users that the whole vision of the devs is going nowhere!11!!1
This is the funniest tantrum topic I have ever witnessed here :clown:
Please never stop.

Bjørnson wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:34 am
Trancit wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:34 am vroteg is completely right that this is a nonsense decision of the developers which is more than questionable ... doesn´t happen on any other synth I know ...
I really wonder who composes music and thinks: "Oh no – the OSC sine is not coming out perfectly." I have to stop my session, hate my DAW and write to Bitwig users that the whole vision of the devs is going nowhere!11!!1
This is the funniest tantrum topic I have ever witnessed here :clown:
Please never stop.
Mmm. If I may politely disagree, I think that this is "one of the funniest" but not the funniest...

Maybe we should create a list... Top Tantrums ever...
I have recent ones in mind like:
"Legend HZ has too many oscillators, Hans Zimmer really doesn't know how to design a synth" or
"This beta version of the software has bugs, developers are really incompetent".

Jac459 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:40 am I have recent ones in mind like:
"Legend HZ has too many oscillators, Hans Zimmer really doesn't know how to design a synth" or
"This beta version of the software has bugs, developers are really incompetent".
:hihi:
So much nerd comedy.
I just witness the vrotec Bitwig topics at the moment on KVR.

Bjørnson wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:52 am
Jac459 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:40 am I have recent ones in mind like:
:hihi:
So much nerd comedy.
I just witness the vrotec Bitwig topics at the moment on KVR.
If we call these kind of post "noise".
And genuine discussion about features, questions, information sharing "signal", we need to admit that the signal to noise ratio is quite low here. In particular as there is very little discussion about Scult or compressor+ which are basically the reason why I am checking this post...
(I am conscious that this post falls into the noise category...).

True!
I'll try to up my future signal noise ratio 🙏🏻
(Got a little bit addicted to roasting after watching too much Kill Tony on YT)

Funk Dracula wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:37 am I thought you were yapping about a clean sounding sine because the filters saturate audibly as par for the course. The Polymer is just a grid container/UI. It IS the Grid, dude. Convert it to a Grid and turn off the clipping if the two tiny harmonics are driving you crazy.

That or just play a test tone device via keyscale modulation if your so paranoid about the purity of your sine sound.
Or you can lower the level which goes into the audio out module, and then there is no clipping anyway. I checked yesterday when this came up and the result was a sine in Polymer that was 90dB above any other signal.

Jac459 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 10:58 am
If we call these kind of post "noise".
And genuine discussion about features, questions, information sharing "signal", we need to admit that the signal to noise ratio is quite low here.
On KVR it is a noise to signal ratio... :hihi:

pdxindy wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 5:29 am Right click on the filter in Polymer and you have access to the Resonance Limit Parameter.
Thx for the hint... didn´t know this!!
And yes, you can get a clean sine without converting to a Grid patch... like -90dB
But only with workarounds like lowering the voice level which results in a far too quite synth output and has to be brought up manually afterwards...
Too much hassle for the actual simplest task a synth can deliver and all the others deliver by default!

Life must be hard with problems like these.

Jac459 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:32 am I don't follow you Trancit. I don't use polymer very often but if you disable the filter and put an oscillator or waveform behind your signalhttps://www.kvraudio.com/forum/posting.php?mode=edit&p=8906388# path, you will see that you get a perfect sine.
Where is the clipping you are talking about ?
Really???
Perhaps you have a different Polymer version than me or you are using the wrong measurement tools...
I guess you meant to put an oscilloscope behind... and this is to broad to see if a sine is "pure"...
A spectrum meter is the better choice...

This is the default Serum just set to Basic Shapes and played a "C2":
Serum.jpg
This is how a pure sine wave looks like... just the fundamental without any overtones!

I now put a default Polymer onto the track... changed the Union Osc to a Sine, disabled the filter, set the Sub Osc to -inf and disabled the HP filter as far as possible...
This is the default result:
Polymer.jpg
This is a pure sine wave??? Are you kidding me??
This is a huge mess of dirt and absolutely BS to deliver this as default behaviour in a synth...

And it´s not just Serum delivers such a clean result as it should be... Sylenth1, Avenger, Phase Plant, Rapid, Vital, you name it... they all show the same identical default behaviour: a single clean fundamental at the played frequency... so all must be wrong, right??

Anyway... all of you will no tell anyway that they are perfectly fine with it and it doesn´t matter at all and the Bitwig´s are they greatest... so I am out again... :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Trancit on Sat May 18, 2024 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aaah, and before any experts want to tell me the result of Serum would be much clearer because I haven´t level matched it to the output of Polymer:
Serum 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bitwig”