Korg Modwave mk2 and sounds included in the vst version

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Korg Modwave mk2 is released, there is a vst version of the Modwave Mk1, Wavestate Mk1.

Are the Modwave Mk2 and Wavestate Mk2 sounds included in the vst version or are they not compatible?

Do you have to buy the hardware versions to have access to the sounds of the Mk2 models in the vst versions?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

I imagine at some point they (the vst's) will include them, but I don't think they are already released to the public yet. I think the hardware features were already in the software, so I am pretty sure the mk2 presets would work in the vst versions.
(I of course could be very wrong :-) )
rsp

edit: do they actually have a different patch set? Or just that in the mk2 the factory presets include aftertouch functionality?
rsp
sound sculptist

Trancer wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:48 pm

Are the Modwave Mk2 and Wavestate Mk2 sounds included in the vst version or are they not compatible?

Do you have to buy the hardware versions to have access to the sounds of the Mk2 models in the vst versions?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
The 2.0 version has different/improved LFOs and more Modulation options

Any patches that take advantage of those won't run on the original hardware or the VST version

The real question is will they update the VST to MK2?!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I think the LFO's have already been updated/changed in the vst..

https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/a ... ease-notes
"All LFOs have been updated to include a Free-Run mode (including Trigger controls), Curve mode (Symmetric/Asymmetric), and Delay.
The new Sync Notes Mode parameter controls behavior when Sync Notes is On.
Sync Notes: start phase syncs to the oldest sounding note, but with note-specific modulation. This is the classic "Sync Notes" behavior.
Free Run: all notes share a single LFO, which starts when the sound is selected and only re-starts if specifically triggered."

The issue I am having in commenting here is I beta test these two AND sometimes we get stuff to test long before the public does, and I am now not sure what we have that isn't already released..and I accidentally break my NDA

But I do believe the LFOs have been updated to whatever the mk2 ones do differently.

rsp
sound sculptist

"wavestate native

wavestate native is the fully-compatible software counterpart to the hardware wavestate synthesizer"
https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthe ... state_mk2/

so yeah I think it is safe to say without breaking any nda's that the vst version is fully compatible with the wavestate, wavestate se and wavestate mk2.

Remember the hardware I believe run some version of Linux, so I imagine most things that aren't hardware dependent (like cpu power or adding aftertouch) can be ported back to the mk1 and defnitely the native version which has more potential cpu than both...
the native one always had aftertouch functionality, though for obvious reasons the factory bank and most if not all third party presets didn't utilize them (since they were made on the hardware mk 1 without aftertouch for the most part)
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks a lot for your answers.

My question is if I buy the Modwave and Wavestate mk1 vst, the presets from the mk2 versions will not be supported, because the vst works with the first mk1 version and was not updated for the mk2 version I guess?

If the vst can support the mk2 version of Modwave and Wavestate, the presets are not available for download?

Do you have to have the mk2 hardware version to use the vst?

If the case is incomprehensible, have a vst which would not be able to read the presets of the mk2 versions and which could not be downloaded without having to purchase the mk2 versions.

I am talking about the vst and not the editor.

i disagree with your first statement.
I think the vst is now currently parallel with the mk2.
Emphasis on think.
Korg sometimes takes its time to do stuff.
the vst doesn't need either hardware.

I have the vst and neither wavestate or modwave hardware.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thank you for your reply.

If I buy both vsts (Modwave and Wavestate), where can I download the programs and Mk2 model combinations to install them in both vsts?

That's what interests me.

I don't think they are available yet...tbh
But when they are, I am sure they will be available thru Korg Software Pass or some other convenient method.
Like I said, I am not sure other than after touch added to factory banks (assuming that has even been done) that there are new patches yet..
For instance I went to Korg site and they have a listings of the Mk 2 Voice list.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/downloa ... /928/4786/

https://www.korg.com/us/support/downloa ... /919/4487/

you can see one is from 2021 and one from 2020, long before the mk2 was released...

It was the same Mk1 Voice List. Of course it could be they haven't uploaded the new document yet.

Are you sure there are new (as opposed to updated) patches in the mk2's currently?
rsp
sound sculptist

The unreleased SE however does have updated sounds.

And maybe after the SE is released, it is possible that these sounds may be released for the vst owners... (emphasis on possible)

https://www.korg.com/us/products/synthe ... estate_se/

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Thank you very much for your answer.

Too bad the vsts are not updated with the mk2 hardware if I understand correctly.

Thanks for the links.

I don't know if the fixes are different from mk1 to mk2 and if there was an addition.

Possibly, but apparently nothing at the moment.

Maybe I am not communicating properly.

In what way is the vst NOT updated with the mk2?
I am saying they have been, and I have said it quite a few times.. where did you get that I was saying otherwise?
rsp
sound sculptist

There may be many differences between the two versions.

At 2' 37" there are voice pads in the mk2 version that I don't find in the mk1 version when listening to the latter.

https://youtu.be/asAwTpmlBo4?si=HzwIlVNh7fuHOmRD

Sorry, I'm French speaking and therefore don't always understand English well🙂

Return to “Instruments”