Reason 13 Announced- Sequencer updated!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Artie Fichelle wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:26 pm I am faster, and so I have more time to spend on other DAW.
This one is both very mean and very funny.

I totally disapprove. But I laughed...

I would like to get a clear answer on this
Is reason 10 capable of being used when offline ?
I constantly have to login when launching reason , if the buyer was aware of this issue I guess I am screwed .
Reason 10 is now unsupported so I don't expect a lot of helop from reaon studios .
Any help welcome
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:53 pm I would like to get a clear answer on this
I constantly have to login when launching reason , if the buyer was aware of this issue I guess I am screwed .
Reason 10 is now unsupported so I don't expect a lot of helop from reaon studios .
Any help welcome
You had the option of the Codemeter device for earlier Reason versions, is that still the case for Reason 10 ?

About the upgrade, I feel that what's there looks useful , but lots of exciting stuff is now happening outside the main program - Friktion, Objekt and some of the player devices are the most interesting recent things and they're separate purchases (unless Subscription, but no thanks)

hotmitts wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:58 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:53 pm I would like to get a clear answer on this
Any help welcome
You had the option of the Codemeter device for earlier Reason versions, is that still the case for Reason 10 ?

About the upgrade, I feel that what's there looks useful , but lots of exciting stuff is now happening outside the main program - Friktion, Objekt and some of the player devices are the most interesting recent things and they're separate purchases (unless Subscription, but no thanks)
Agreed, Friktion and Objekt are the 2 best stuffs that happened to this ecosystem these last years...

"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

O;K so the user I bought it from had reason 3 up to 10
Meaning that all the new devices are rack extensions ( see screenshot ) , I thought that Europa and Grain etc...were part of reason itself
Can anyone confirm this , if you upgraded reason do the new (reason ) devices show up as rack extensions ?
Perhaps this is the reson why I constantly need to be onine ?
Eyeball exchanging

yes , that's why I am confused as hell
In the screenshot I have posted , you can see that Europa and grain (and others ) are actual rack extensions and probably the reason why they can't be registered anymore offline ( altough I think there are registered )
I was under the assumption that Europa , Grain etc were part of Reason build in Core program and therefore NO rack extensions .
Can anyone confirm this that has upgradd from lower versions to higher versions .
I feel nailed already , the buyer says he wasn't aware of it and perhaps I should have informed myslef but being Online for using a music program is RIdiculous .
I still hope I'm wrong and somehow manage to use it offline .
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:53 pm yes , that's why I am confused as hell
In the screenshot I have posted , you can see that Europa and grain (and others ) are actual rack extensions and probably the reason why they can't be registered anymore offline ( altough I think there are registered )
I was under the assumption that Europa , Grain etc were part of Reason build in Core program and therefore NO rack extensions .
Can anyone confirm this that has upgradd from lower versions to higher versions .
I feel nailed already , the buyer says he wasn't aware of it and perhaps I should have informed myslef but being Online for using a music program is RIdiculous .
I still hope I'm wrong and somehow manage to use it offline .
Either you have the Dongle or you need to be Online every time you launch the program regardless of the Extensions, unless you upgrade to Reason 12.6? IIRC
MuLab of course :D

I'm not sure what's going on there... but I suggest that the money is returned to the buyer whoever that is hehe

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:53 pm I was under the assumption that Europa , Grain etc were part of Reason build in Core program and therefore NO rack extensions .
IIRC: Technically they are rack extensions, but they became part of the core application. And unlike other RE's (e.g. Pulsar LFO) they never were for download as RE before (but Europa as VST - long ago), but integral part of Reason from the very beginning.

If you need clarification on this, I would suggest to contact their support.

O.K. so everyone still on reason 10 has to be online all the time , do I get that .?
Unless they ugrade , why would anyone support this company any further , I would be totally pissed if had payed full price ( Payed 75 euro and that's luckily not the end of the world )
Also , why are these instruments anf effects rack extensions , weren't thee supposed to be build in Reason ?
Is this perhaps the reason ( no pun intended ) why this authorisation thing got so complex , because the instruments that came with each version are actually rack exctensions
Can anyone confirm that these are filled under rack extensions on their system ?
Eyeball exchanging

Grain and Europa are included as part of Reason, so nothing more complicated there.
Earler versions of Reason either needed online or the dongle. So maybe you need the Dongle.

My 11 definitely doesn't have to be always online. It's an authorize-once-a-month type deal. For the devices, I think with more recent ones they stopped special-casing them and just developed them using the same framework available to everyone else. I guess this resulted in Europa et al's presets ending up in the RE tab. They're also in the Factory Sounds tab, so on some level they're still privileged as native devices.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

from the ReasonStudios website:
As of September 25, 2023, offline authorization for Reason 11 and earlier has been deprecated.

and

Offline authorizations created before September 25th 2023 will continue to function indefinitely, for as long as your system remains in its current state. Existing offline authorizations can no longer be upgraded though, and Rack Extensions purchased after September 25th 2023 cannot be added to an existing offline authorization. If you buy a new computer, reinstall your OS, or make changes to your computer hardware, your offline authorization may become unusable.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”