Tracktion Waveform: Audio clips not remapping on tempo change...

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In TW12, all clips in my project are set to "remap on tempo change". However, when I change the project tempo (in this case, from 90 bpm to 100 bpm), only the midi clips remap to the new tempo. All of my 12 audio clips remain unchanged, except for their positions being shifted. What am I overlooking?

Many thanks for any insights!

because clip remapping specifically arranges clips by track according to the time change relative to the tempo. In order for all audio clips to change their content, the tempo of each audio clip must be specified, either automatically or manually, otherwise they are treated as a single shot that does not need to change the content
цвет волшебства

Maarid wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:16 pm because clip remapping specifically arranges clips by track according to the time change relative to the tempo. In order for all audio clips to change their content, the tempo of each audio clip must be specified, either automatically or manually, otherwise they are treated as a single shot that does not need to change the content
Thanks, Maarid. I see we can increase or decrease the speed of an audio clip by a percentage. Is that what you were referring to? Can we specify the bpm of individual audio clips, somehow? I'm puzzled as to why clips can be set to 'remap on tempo change', if they don't remap when I change the project tempo.

not really, although the procedure is completely similar to the functionality generally accepted in all DAWs
Select the used sample, select LOOP PROPERTIES at the bottom. You should specify the exact tempo in each sample that is used initially and enable auto-temp and auto-pitch, in this form, the program itself will begin to adjust all samples in case of a change in the tempo of the project, this is how it works.
Безымянный.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
цвет волшебства

Maarid wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:53 am not really, although the procedure is completely similar to the functionality generally accepted in all DAWs
Select the used sample, select LOOP PROPERTIES at the bottom. You should specify the exact tempo in each sample that is used initially and enable auto-temp and auto-pitch, in this form, the program itself will begin to adjust all samples in case of a change in the tempo of the project, this is how it works.
Ah, I see (I think ;))! I didn't think to look in 'loop properties'. There's some puzzling stuff there; I'm wondering why we'd need to specify the root note of a clip, for example. Anyway, many thanks for the big help! 8)

You can also specify the exact musical note of the sample component and also change the entire range of sound of the entire project, in the same place where you change the tempo of the entire project. This is also a common standard for all DAWs.
If, when changing the tempo of the project, you do not mark auto-pitch for the samples, the sound of the samples will change its playback pitch in accordance with the playback speed.
You can experiment with the playback speed of samples yourself, to do this, hold down the ALT key and, without releasing it, drag the triangle on the edge of the sample with the mouse cursor, thereby setting any playback speed you want. Strangely enough, this function is also a generally accepted standard for all DAWs.
цвет волшебства

Maarid wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:20 pm You can also specify the exact musical note of the sample component and also change the entire range of sound of the entire project, in the same place where you change the tempo of the entire project. This is also a common standard for all DAWs.
If, when changing the tempo of the project, you do not mark auto-pitch for the samples, the sound of the samples will change its playback pitch in accordance with the playback speed.
You can experiment with the playback speed of samples yourself, to do this, hold down the ALT key and, without releasing it, drag the triangle on the edge of the sample with the mouse cursor, thereby setting any playback speed you want. Strangely enough, this function is also a generally accepted standard for all DAWs.
Thank you for clarifying, Marrid. This is very helpful; it makes it easier to understand how it works. TW is the only DAW I've used much, so I'm not familiar with some functions that are typical of most DAWs. I'll experiment with these loop functions in a separate test project, before risking using them in my current serious project. :? I'm still wondering why we can specify the root note of a clip, in those settings. Does that have the same effect as changing the pitch of a clip by a number of semitones?

Ally007 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:26 pm I'm still wondering why we can specify the root note of a clip, in those settings. Does that have the same effect as changing the pitch of a clip by a number of semitones?
Because you can also transform pitch and so it needs to know what the pitch is before it can change it to a different pitch. If you have pitched samples in your song you can change the key of the song and the pitched samples will change accordingly.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:51 pm
Ally007 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:26 pm I'm still wondering why we can specify the root note of a clip, in those settings. Does that have the same effect as changing the pitch of a clip by a number of semitones?
Because you can also transform pitch and so it needs to know what the pitch is before it can change it to a different pitch. If you have pitched samples in your song you can change the key of the song and the pitched samples will change accordingly.
Thanks, but in what way is the effect of this different from increasing/decreasing the pitch of audio clips by x number of semitones, in clip properties, where you don't need to specify the root note?

Ally007 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:53 am Thanks, but in what way is the effect of this different from increasing/decreasing the pitch of audio clips by x number of semitones, in clip properties, where you don't need to specify the root note?
If you have a song with a hundred audio clips that have their pitch set and want to change the song from Cmaj to Dmaj, all of those clips will change pitch to match.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 4:09 pm
Ally007 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 7:53 am Thanks, but in what way is the effect of this different from increasing/decreasing the pitch of audio clips by x number of semitones, in clip properties, where you don't need to specify the root note?
If you have a song with a hundred audio clips that have their pitch set and want to change the song from Cmaj to Dmaj, all of those clips will change pitch to match.
That sounds great, but I'm puzzled, as the setting is in loop properties, which (if I understand it correctly) is the settings for an individual loop/clip. How can the setting for one loop/clip affect all the other clips?

Ally007 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:25 pm That sounds great, but the setting is in loop properties, which (as I understand it) is the settings for an individual loop/clip. How can the setting for one loop/clip affect all the other clips?
Individual audio clips have their individual pitch settings. The song has a key setting that will affect all the audio clips that are set to Auto-Pitch (which requires the root note to be set). There is more than one "the setting."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you for clarifying, Pough. I didn't realise you were referring to a setting outside of 'loop properties'.

Return to “Tracktion”