Cherry Audio synth coming out May 14 (ARP Rhodes Chroma?!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Really nice sounds! And good value for money imo.
I like Cherry Audio synths, bought 3 and want more !
Worth listening to tracks on the website, I feel they are much better than the imposcar3 examples.
Really cool for pop and synthwave, EDM and all kinds of fusion.

rsaintjohn wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:51 pm
hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:30 pm I'm not a price complainer, HOWEVER, Cherry Audio have been increasing their prices ever so slyly. Went from regular prices of $49 for a while, then $59, then lately it's been $69 with a $79 synth sneaking in, and now we're apparently at a new high of $89. Sales or intro prices are usually $20 off. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not gonna pay $69 for a new Cherry Audio synth moving forward. Granted, they ARE tackling synths that haven't been done before, but the quality is just not there to be charging higher prices just yet.
For the record:

Mercury-6 - March 2023 - $49
Novachord + Solovox - May 2023 - $39
Octave Cat- July 2023 - $49
Harmonia - August 2023 - $49
PS-3300 - October 2023 - $49
Pro Soloist - November 2023 - $49
Synthesizer Expander Module - December 2023 - Free
CR-78 - February 2024 - $49

We have no $79 synth. We don't do intro prices.

Chroma has been the most requested instrument since the release of GX-80. We spent a year and a half to get it just right. We think $69 is justified and, in this market, still an awesome deal. You don't have to purchase it. But it would be nice if you could stick with the facts.
Robert I assume he's griping about the way CA list the prices on the website, which frankly is annoying, regardless of resellers. If its $69 just say its $69 and skip the crossed-out "regular" price. You guys put out good value plugins, just put up the price and leave it at that. That said I don't work there so maybe you get more sales with the crossed-out "regular" price :lol:

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:30 pm I'm not a price complainer, HOWEVER, Cherry Audio have been increasing their prices ever so slyly. Went from regular prices of $49 for a while, then $59, then lately it's been $69 with a $79 synth sneaking in, and now we're apparently at a new high of $89. Sales or intro prices are usually $20 off. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not gonna pay $69 for a new Cherry Audio synth moving forward. Granted, they ARE tackling synths that haven't been done before, but the quality is just not there to be charging higher prices just yet.
I'm not a price complainer yet I'm going to....complain about the prices! If you don't like the prices don't buy the stuff. Its pretty simple. Those "regular" prices have always been bullshit. Everyone knows it. $69 is not a high price by any stretch of the imagination.

As to the quality - do you have Chroma hardware to compare against?

Feels like Cherry are following an Arturia curve here. Once dismissed, but as time goes on the quality improves.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

This guy does great walkthroughs, and this synth sounds pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jimw9FEK-E

Truly amazing!! Sound terrific to me. Plus the benefit of the possibility to import syx files,so it make available the huge library of hundred and hundred of patches programmed for the early ARP CHROMA,mostly beautiful. You can download they here: https://rhodeschroma.com/?id=patchdownloads
Last edited by modularg2 on Wed May 15, 2024 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DashOfLime wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:21 am Robert I assume he's griping about the way CA list the prices on the website...
Not really Robert. I'm just annoyed at the sneaky price increases. I mean, for sure, you can price your sh*t at whatever you want, but it seems you realized you were low-balling yourself out of business with your "low" prices, and you reanalyzed your pricing strategy and proceeded to jack up the prices on all your synths. Your prices have risen steadily from $29, to $39, $49, $59, $69, $79, and now $89. I fully expect your next synth's regular price to be $99 if this pattern continues. Polymode was originally released at the intro price of $29 (regular price $49 but you don't do intro prices supposedly) and now it's on sale for $39 with the regular price being $59. Eight Voice was $29, regular price $49, but now it's $39, regular price $59.

To me this screams an upcoming subscription plan, because I believe you are going to jack up your prices so high that you think it's going to make the subscription attractive.

Hi, trying to use the demo but no luck... anyone has a similar situation where the installer gets stuck at a certain percentage?

davidka wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:10 pm Hi, trying to use the demo but no luck... anyone has a similar situation where the installer gets stuck at a certain percentage?
You are supposed to type in your email and password, and then it connects to their website or servers and downloads the presets. So maybe it's not being able to access the internet?
<list your stupid gear here>

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:57 pm
DashOfLime wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:21 am Robert I assume he's griping about the way CA list the prices on the website...
Not really Robert. I'm just annoyed at the sneaky price increases. I mean, for sure, you can price your sh*t at whatever you want, but it seems you realized you were low-balling yourself out of business with your "low" prices, and you reanalyzed your pricing strategy and proceeded to jack up the prices on all your synths. Your prices have risen steadily from $29, to $39, $49, $59, $69, $79, and now $89. I fully expect your next synth's regular price to be $99 if this pattern continues. Polymode was originally released at the intro price of $29 (regular price $49 but you don't do intro prices supposedly) and now it's on sale for $39 with the regular price being $59. Eight Voice was $29, regular price $49, but now it's $39, regular price $59.

To me this screams an upcoming subscription plan, because I believe you are going to jack up your prices so high that you think it's going to make the subscription attractive.
There is not a single instrument on their website that costs $89. Not one. Not one that costs $79 either. There is *one* that is $69. The majority of them are $49. You don't seem to be complaining about the freebies (which have also always been free). Are those offensive too?

Again, there is no "regular price". They've *never* charged whatever that crossed out price is for any of their plugins. Its marketing BS. Cherry Audio's pricing of their products and their marketing nonsense is the hill you're choosing to die on? Really?

There is no need to complain about it. Simply don't buy their stuff. That was my approach after they did away with license transfers. It's easy to do these days, just avoid GAS and look for alternative or even do without. It's not that difficult.

egbert101 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:03 pm
davidka wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:10 pm Hi, trying to use the demo but no luck... anyone has a similar situation where the installer gets stuck at a certain percentage?
You are supposed to type in your email and password, and then it connects to their website or servers and downloads the presets. So maybe it's not being able to access the internet?
Thanks! This happens through the Cherry Audio Sync, and I get no such prompts. I'll look into this tonight, and contact support if I get nowhere.

did I miss the "doesn't sound ANYTHING like it, not even close" post yet??* :D
looked like a lot of impressed people here

* that's a standing joke, I like their stuff

wwjd wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:37 pm did I miss the "doesn't sound ANYTHING like it, not even close" post yet??* :D
looked like a lot of impressed people here

* that's a standing joke, I like their stuff
It's quite possible, none of the regular haters here own a Chroma to compare it to. :wink:
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

plexuss wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:41 am It's easy to do these days, just avoid GAS and look for alternative or even do without. It's not that difficult.
I only buy stuff I need now. Two hardware units in about six months. This is drastically different to my previous and mindless mindset of buying stuff because it was on sale, or buying the latest updates or latest new shiny emulation.

I regret my previous buying decisions but now I have new eyes and seeing people doing the same thing, wasting their money on stuff they'll never use, or just buying to fill a void (G.A.S.) but if you try and point that out to people, you'll get attacked for it.
<list your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”