One DAW as your only environment/instrument(s)?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dan_flash wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:44 am Has anyone said Renoise yet? I can't be arsed sifting through this thread but you could do anything and everything with Renoise natively.
Uh no , not really
I am,a renoise fanboy of the first hour , but it surely can’t do everything natively ,
It’s good at sample synthesis and mangling , and with cdp lua tool it’s a real synthesis powerhouse but that’s happening offline.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I'd have to agree with "NONE" comment . I've looked at Logic , Studio One+ , Reason+ , Live 12 Suite ,etc etc . Just doesn't look appealing . Now I could deal with a Reaper and NI Komplete combo but still wouldn't do it for me . I like my 3rd party plugins .

Definitely Bitwig Studio.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I use Live like this a lot, I have it installed on my work laptop for business trips. The more I learn the included devices, the more I appreciate them and use them also at home.

I wish there was an answer. I currently own, and am annoyed at owning, four DAWs on the search for "The One". Everything comes with compromises and the next DAW you try has as many eureka moments as it does moments of pure frustration. There is no one true DAW, just the least worst compromise. Sadly.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”