Motorola DSP563xx Emulator (BETA) (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kenny saunders wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:47 pm
Gam456 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:32 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:53 pm
Gam456 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:49 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:34 pm There appears to be no way to init this vst, is that right?

edit: nevermind thanks I saw it is on one of the banks.
No. The VirusTi don't have init patch function
Yes it does, its a patch at the bottom of rambankB
Like I said, a function
What an utterly pointless distinction.
Pointless ?
On my Summit. There is a init buton, it will inialise any preset,
so I don't care to erase any blank preset

On the Virus, by mistake you can loose the init preset.
Do you get now ?

No. I'm not talking about a hardware virus. I'm talking about a VST3, of which this tread is about. The init process between clicking on a hardcoded function or reading a from a .mid preset is functionally identical. Why are you wasting my time with this stupid shit?
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

kenny saunders wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:04 pm No. I'm not talking about a hardware virus. I'm talking about a VST3, of which this tread is about. The init process between clicking on a hardcoded function or reading a from a .mid preset is functionally identical. Why are you wasting my time with this stupid shit?

The Usual Supects team do not work on the firmware.
Get it now ?

Gam456 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:47 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 10:04 pm No. I'm not talking about a hardware virus. I'm talking about a VST3, of which this tread is about. The init process between clicking on a hardcoded function or reading a from a .mid preset is functionally identical. Why are you wasting my time with this stupid shit?

The Usual Supects team do not work on the firmware.
Get it now ?
You wouldn't have to alter the firmware. You could just put a button on the skin that loads the same parameters as the init patch into the edit buffer. Would be handy. But not really that big of a deal. Just saves a few seconds that's all.

I've got an INIT preset. I also have one that says START underneath it. Haven't started it yet.

Yes, they're both init presets. Minor differences, I think INIT starts with a single oscillator, and START starts with two oscillators, and the Punch parameter set to 50%.

wow, lots of talk about an INIT button and no comments on the new Microwave XT emulation? I thought this was the one a lot of people were waiting for!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:06 pm wow, lots of talk about an INIT button and no comments on the new Microwave XT emulation? I thought this was the one a lot of people were waiting for!
Does anybody know did they started working on it?

SLiC wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:06 pm wow, lots of talk about an INIT button and no comments on the new Microwave XT emulation? I thought this was the one a lot of people were waiting for!
Still work in progress?

https://youtu.be/B6Kr07JyAfg
<list your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:11 pm
Still work in progress?

awesome

TBH, I stopped caring, since it doesn't load official ROM files (looks like they're only update files for the device).

I won't go ROM hunting on the "darknet", and I also don't have the original synth to dump the firmware.

I'm also not too fond of the attitude of the developers. Saw someone criticizing them for their handling of their open source license, and, boom, he got booted from the channel, and got his donation refunded. Also had some discussion about intellectual property, which showed me that they pretty much give a damn about it. Let's just say those things left a bit of a taste in my mouth.

Still work in progress?

At the moment alpha for donators

Gam456 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:28 pm
Still work in progress?

At the moment alpha for donators
Yup (you donate once you get all Alphas for all products they develop), seems to be working pretty well so far though.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

chk071 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:16 pm
TBH, I stopped caring, since it doesn't load official ROM files (looks like they're only update files for the device).

I won't go ROM hunting on the "darknet", and I also don't have the original synth to dump the firmware.

I'm also not too fond of the attitude of the developers. Saw someone criticizing them for their handling of their open source license, and, boom, he got booted from the channel, and got his donation refunded. Also had some discussion about intellectual property, which showed me that they pretty much give a damn about it. Let's just say those things left a bit of a taste in my mouth.
I am not really sure what you mean by 'doesn't load official ROM files', I just googled it (no dark web needed) and downloaded the .bin file and it worked...took 30 seconds.

SLiC wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:43 pm I am not really sure what you mean by 'doesn't load official ROM files', I just googled it (no dark web needed) and downloaded the .bin file and it worked...took 30 seconds.
What I meant is that you can just download the firmware from the synths' manufacturer's sites with the other plugins. For the Microwave, you have to download it from sites where someone illegally uploaded and offered firmware dumps.

Return to “Instruments”