SynthMaster 3 Official Thread - v3.0 Beta & Demo released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:38 pm Estimate date of official release?
Some time in June inşallah :D
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Thanks for the reply.

Things i have seen so far:

1- selecting a preset will reset everything back to a single layer. undo button doesn't help here
2- because of that, it is not possible to audition or cycle through any preset except for a single layer configuration
3- adding a new layer creates a muted layer , not sure the logic behind that
4- no option to create a new layer from within the preset browser.

testman3thousand wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:18 pm Things i have seen so far:

1- selecting a preset will reset everything back to a single layer. undo button doesn't help here
2- because of that, it is not possible to audition or cycle through any preset except for a single layer configuration
3- adding a new layer creates a muted layer , not sure the logic behind that
4- no option to create a new layer from within the preset browser.
I don't think you watched my introduction video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMXaU_f1x0M

1. Previewing presets (that have NKS audio previews) start at: 5:32
2. Loading SynthMaster One / SynthMaster 2 presets into layers start at: 6:10
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:05 pm
buzz1 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:51 am That would, I guess require SM3 to be operational stand alone, and also have individual midi channels for each of those 16 layers.
Sorry if I have missed this elsewhere but does it have these 2 features?
Thanks
Yes! Each layer has its own MIDI Input AND Output channel (Yes you can send MIDI Out from arpeggiators + sequencers. Each layer has a sequencer followed by an arpeggiator):

MIDI Out.png
The one issue with this, is that to date you haven't been including a 'standalone' release of SM3 in the alphas or betas, so until then buzz1 would need to use something like savihost to achieve it.

NikkiA wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:42 pm The one issue with this, is that to date you haven't been including a 'standalone' release of SM3 in the alphas or betas, so until then buzz1 would need to use something like savihost to achieve it.
The MIDI Out feature is intended to be used in a DAW context though :)
Works at KV331 Audio

Works at KV331 Audio

Congrats Bulent. Only watched the gui video so far. It looks like you put real effort into making a complicated synth easy to get around in.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Looking really nice, and the workflow looks very enjoyable

Thanks guys! Now my next goal will be connecting the user interface with these tutorials (whether video or text tutorials). Here's what I mean:

You are working on the basic oscillator and need help? Click on the cogwheel icon for the basic oscillator and in the context menu you will now see a "Help" menu. It will display all web/video/text resources for the section you are working on (In this case, the Basic Oscillator)

We will store these "resources" in our database. and will publish them in our SynthMasterProducts.xml file (It's a xml file in which we store information about our products)
Works at KV331 Audio

NikkiA wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:42 pm
kv331 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:05 pm
buzz1 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:51 am That would, I guess require SM3 to be operational stand alone, and also have individual midi channels for each of those 16 layers.
Sorry if I have missed this elsewhere but does it have these 2 features?
Thanks
Yes! Each layer has its own MIDI Input AND Output channel (Yes you can send MIDI Out from arpeggiators + sequencers. Each layer has a sequencer followed by an arpeggiator):

MIDI Out.png
The one issue with this, is that to date you haven't been including a 'standalone' release of SM3 in the alphas or betas, so until then buzz1 would need to use something like savihost to achieve it.
Thanks for pointing this out.
It does make life a bit more difficult.
SM3's 16 individually midi addressable layers does make it particularly useful as a standalone so hopefully the dev will include this at some point.

Really enjoying the introductory videos. SM3 must be one of the most comprehensive synths out there currently.
One question; is the CPU meter reading in the videos for the whole processor or just an individual thread?
Thanks.

buzz1 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:12 am One question; is the CPU meter reading in the videos for the whole processor or just an individual thread?
Thanks.
Single thread :)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:14 am
buzz1 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:12 am One question; is the CPU meter reading in the videos for the whole processor or just an individual thread?
Thanks.
Single thread :)
Even more impressive.

I am quite impressed by this new version. Presets are again top notch really.

I do hope that the beta will be long enough to iron all the little bugs left...

Return to “Instruments”