Expressive E Noisy 2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Noisy

zerocrossing wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:02 pm
Oh. That’s a definite pass for me, then. I’ve got a Rise 49 and a Linnstrument. No plans for an Osmose. I don’t like how it fakes portamento.
The pressure weighted portamento is a lovely feature. When I first heard of it, it sounded gimmicky. But now that I have used it for a while, it's one of my favorite features of the Osmose. It sounds organic and is fluid when playing notes quickly because it happens naturally without additional movement.

pdxindy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:23 pm
Oh. That’s a definite pass for me, then. I’ve got a Rise 49 and a Linnstrument. No plans for an Osmose. I don’t like how it fakes portamento.
The pressure weighted portamento is a lovely feature. When I first heard of it, it sounded gimmicky. But now that I have used it for a while, it's one of my favorite features of the Osmose. It sounds organic and is fluid when playing notes quickly because it happens naturally without additional movement.
I agree, it's very well organic/natural and you can pick it up pretty fast. I am looking forward to the V2 firmware they recently announced as it will also work (along with the MPE Arp) on external instruments.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

So whatsoever linking pressure and timbre mean in practice when you try to use it with a seaboard or linnstrument? You just can't use timbre unless pressure is at full? Why would they put any restriction on that just because the osmore doesn't go into timbre range until the pressure is maxed out.

I don't own an MPE controller but I'm really interested in this, mainly for the resonators.

Just when I thought I was done with iLok, this got me to reinstall it…

Loved Noisy 1 but hated how expressive e seemingly forgot about their software over time, the Osmose support and gui overhaul is amazing here though, couldn’t pass up the upgrade price.

OK so anyone tried this with a Seaboard?

pdxindy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:23 pm
I like additional movement.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

teilo wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:41 pm Question: Is the MPE implementation configured in such a way that timbre (CC 72) and pressure (ie, PolyAT) are individually controllable? I ask because of Osmose, which I fear might guide Expressive E's implementation. On Osmose, timber is implemented as a second layer that takes over after bottoming out on pressure. So you can't control them independently. In fact, they rename pressure to aftertouch, and timber to pressure. I have a Rise 2, where timbre is implemented as slide and thus independent of pressure.

EDIT: Yeah, according to the walkthrough video above, it looks like it. They linked them. Ugg. To use this thing as its engineered, you need an Osmose.
I don't believe this is correct. They are separately controllable. If you watch the videos in detail you will see this. Also in the walkthrough video they show Noisy 2 being used with both the Roli and the LinnStrument. In the in the mpe mode section, starting at around 4:55, you can see that the two parameters are sometimes moving separately with a Roli.

I think this thing looks pretty amazing for any mpe instrument. But seems like it would add a lot of value to an osmose!

Any word on if lie is vst3 yet?

Lie is vst3 but can only host vst2 right now, hope for a 2.0 update with MPE and Vst3.
Would be a killer to use touché with an mpe controller like Push3 simultaneously

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:05 pm I think this thing looks pretty amazing for any mpe instrument. But seems like it would add a lot of value to an osmose!

Any word on if lie is vst3 yet?
To be honest I think if I had an Osmose I would be spending all my time in the EaganMatrix and not need this. I'm more interested since I don't but do have a Seaboard (if it works well enough with that)

Remember, there’s also Plasmonic from Rhizomatic Software, which is a kick-ass physical modeling synth that’s built with MPE in mind.

https://rhizomatic.fr/
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:25 pm Remember, there’s also Plasmonic from Rhizomatic Software, which is a kick-ass physical modeling synth that’s built with MPE in mind.

https://rhizomatic.fr/
Plasmonic uses impulses to excite the resonator. Noisy uses different forms of noise.

Like Noisy, Myth can use noise generators to excite physically modeled resonators and modal filters. But unlike Noisy or Plasmonic it also allows you to generate new physically modeled resonators and modal filters from your audio samples. And while I don't think Plasmonic lets you load your own impulses, and I don't think Noisy allows to load your own noise samples (please correct me if I'm wrong about that), with Myth you can load samples into the resynthesis engine and then put them through the resonators and modal filters. (And there's additional physical modeling for the resynthesized audio through the String and Brass transformers.) OTOH Myth's noise generator only includes three forms of noise, whereas Noisy 2's noise generator includes many more.

This sounds great. Best purchase in a while. Mpe working great too.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Fri May 17, 2024 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

You mean Noisy 2 ?
Philippe

Return to “Instruments”