Waveform 13 Installation Guide?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there an installation guide for Waveform 13?

I bought WF 13 Pro (the basic $199 package, not one of the bigger bundles). My Win 11 Pro system is set up with an admin account and a user account so when I run the installation manager I see the security prompt to enable changes (which is as it should be). Last night I installed the WF 13 package and hit some glitches. The BioTek and Collective plug-ins are there but can't see their content, and both report they can't see the installation manager when I tell them to go us it to get the content. I've no idea where the drum loop library or other content wound up, and I'm suspect all of content got put into the admin account while the plug-ins themselves wound up in the user account. But I'm just really uncertain about all of it.

Also, is there way to exclude folders from the plug-in scan? I've also got Samplitude X6 Pro on this system and it's plug-ins aren't licensed for other software so I have to click through a bunch of errors to get past those when I re-scan.

Right now I'm feeling like a complete un-install / re-install is in order, but I'd like to get it right the next time so things are connected properly, visible where they should be, and work smoothly and I can get past this headache.

Thanks for any advice.
You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge.
-- Rush Show Don't Tell

DaveL60 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:21 pm Is there an installation guide for Waveform 13?

I bought WF 13 Pro (the basic $199 package, not one of the bigger bundles). My Win 11 Pro system is set up with an admin account and a user account so when I run the installation manager I see the security prompt to enable changes (which is as it should be). Last night I installed the WF 13 package and hit some glitches. The BioTek and Collective plug-ins are there but can't see their content, and both report they can't see the installation manager when I tell them to go us it to get the content. I've no idea where the drum loop library or other content wound up, and I'm suspect all of content got put into the admin account while the plug-ins themselves wound up in the user account. But I'm just really uncertain about all of it.

Also, is there way to exclude folders from the plug-in scan? I've also got Samplitude X6 Pro on this system and it's plug-ins aren't licensed for other software so I have to click through a bunch of errors to get past those when I re-scan.

Right now I'm feeling like a complete un-install / re-install is in order, but I'd like to get it right the next time so things are connected properly, visible where they should be, and work smoothly and I can get past this headache.

Thanks for any advice.
By "installation manager" do you mean "download manager"?

The download manager is a seperate download in your account and automatically installs everything for you into the correct places. The only way you can exclude Samplitude VSTs is to place those in a seperate folder and point Samplitude to them. The only manual seems to be from 2021........
https://www.tracktion.com/sites/default ... e-2021.pdf

Thanks. Yes, "download manager" is the proper term. It's what I used for the installation but somehow not everything seemed to wind up in the proper place.

Hopefully relocating the Samplitude plugins will be straightforward.
-- Rush Show Don't Tell

To exclude folders from the plug-in scan:
Settings tab
Plugins
Scan for Plugins
Choose what you want to scan for; list of folder appears
Highlight the one you want to exclude
Click on the - sign in the lower left corner (or + to add a folder)
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

The most recent manual is this one, available from the tracktion.com website, linked to at least from the Waveform Pro page at the very bottom under Manuals:
https://www.tracktion.com/sites/default ... e-2024.pdf

I second the above given suggestions to first install the Download Manager and then to install all Waveform modules from there, and to explicitely include or exclude folders from the plug-in scan.
(Waveform PRO 13, Linux)

I did use the Download manager and at least two VSTi instruments couldn't find their content afterward. I feel like I must have overlooked some setting or another.

Thanks for the link to the manual.
-- Rush Show Don't Tell

Return to “Tracktion”