Beta 13.0.44 is up

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://marketplace.tracktion.com/downl ... chive?v=13

Code: Select all

- Automation:           Fixed sudden jumps in automation getting smoothed
- Drum Sampler:         Ignore loop metadata in imported wav/aiff files
- UI:                   Fixed global track visibility button stealing keyboard focus
- Sampler:              Fixed crash loading presets while playing
- Bugs:                 Fixed crash cancelling modifier assignment
- 4OSC:                 Fixed crash if invalid numbers typed in unison
- FFpmeg:               Fixed crash if user cancelled copy when importing video

- UI:                   Click menu item now shows check mark if enabled
- Bugs:                 Fixed missing first click when recording into clip slots
Last edited by FigBug on Mon May 06, 2024 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've found a BUG.... in the topic title :hihi:

BTW, thanks for all these updates!
Last edited by dajonaga on Tue May 07, 2024 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryzen 5 3600 | 32GB DDR4 | Radeon RX 590 | Ubuntu 24.04 LTS - Windows 11 | Waveform 13 PRO | Bitwig 5.1 | VCV Rack 2 Free | Ardour

dajonaga wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:24 pm I've found a BUG.... in the topic title :hihi:
Fixed!

a big thank you!
Is there a possibility to create macros for quantizing at least 1/16 and use it with the help of the keyboard?
another question with the cursor - it looks like there are now two cursors. In the 12 WF pro version, if you make a step forward with the key, it plays from the place where you see the cursor, and in the 13 version, this is not the case, need to point with the mouse, maybe I missed something in the settings?
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

*Fixed missing first click when recording into clip slots.

Thanks for fixing this bug,I tried it out on a short song,and it is indeed fixed. It makes using the clip view a whole lot easier! Its the little things that matter. Great work!

One or 2 cursors are selectable.
General - Editing - Enable separate edit cursor. It can be confusing or useful; but it's your choice :D :D
Waveform 12; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Peter Widdicombe wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:59 pm One or 2 cursors are selectable.
General - Editing - Enable separate edit cursor. It can be confusing or useful; but it's your choice :D :D
I know that, but that's not what I'm talking about
for example, go forward with the cursor keys and it will not play from that point
and it played in version 12
I'm not talking about editing with the cursor :hihi:
your head is not working :clown:

imstre wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:24 pm I know that, but that's not what I'm talking about
for example, go forward with the cursor keys and it will not play from that point
and it played in version 12
I'm not talking about editing with the cursor :hihi:
your head is not working :clown:
Insulting someone who's trying to help you is rude, especially when your descriptions of the problem don't make a lot of sense. What are cursor keys? Do you mean using the arrow keys to move the cursor?

This might have something to do with the new "return to start on play" option. You can turn it off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

imstre wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:24 pm your head is not working :clown:
Calm down. Peter is one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum. Think very carefully before taking this tone with him.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

[/quote]
Insulting someone who's trying to help you is rude, especially when your descriptions of the problem don't make a lot of sense. What are cursor keys? Do you mean using the arrow keys to move the cursor?
This might have something to do with the new "return to start on play" option. You can turn it off.
[/quote]

I agree that bullying is not nice, but the person laughs at me without checking what I am asking
And this shows that that person was bullied first
so I answered him that way!

You are showing me options that I know very well!
You check first practically what I am asking
and then you will understand.
In version 12, the cursor will return to its initial position where you entered with the key, if you remove the bird in the options, the cursor will not return to the position.
I don't think it's a big problem, but getting used to it takes its toll, thanks.

Watchful wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:25 am
imstre wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:24 pm your head is not working :clown:
Calm down. Peter is one of the most knowledgeable people on this forum. Think very carefully before taking this tone with him.
first of all he laughs at me don't you see his pointy
I'm not an idiot either and I know a lot
I don't divide people into shelves, I know a lot and a little
I am polite if you discuss with me politely.
I sensed a mockery on his part, and that's because he didn't advise anything specific
I have known all this for a long time because I have tried everything from before, thanks

He wasn't laughing AT you. He was laughing at the joke he made.
There was no mockery

I was laughing at the option itself, and that it was a user choice. 2 cursors can be confusing, but some like it that way.

Sort of like the perpetual dig at the default options - the "useful" or context menu that, by default, really should be in your face (at the bottom) until you understand Waveform completely. Eventually you wind up with enough tracks that you need the real-estate for tracks and not a menu; and by that time you know how to turn it off.

... but every second question coming up by those new to Waveform (it seems) is answered by having that open (like it used to be in the early days).
Waveform 12; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

I have been trying to use the Comp Group feature in the latest version 13.0.44 but I can't seem to get it to work. According to the manual:

Screenshot 2024-05-09 065014.png

The problem is that it plays all of the tracks in the Comp Group concurrently rather than just the selected phrases, as indicated in the (second, lol) STEP 1 of the manual (shown above).

Bug? or What am I missing?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JamminFool on Thu May 09, 2024 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

ok, this is not the place to discuss relationships.
Do you agree that the cursor behaves differently than in previous versions?

Return to “Tracktion”