DrumSampler on Waveform 13 are so buggy !!!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:? Hello,

When I just trigger a pad in Drumsampler, it repeats all the time. Of course, I can do a MIDI panic to stop it, but it's really annoying when you're playing a MIDI pattern.
It's happening when I start a new Drumsampler preset. I don't have this problem on MicroDrumsampler or with Waveform 12.5 either.
Could someone please help me with this?
Thx

Some WAV files have a loop point that can't be turned off. I can turn it off by putting 0 in the loopout. Some samples don't have this option. I don't understand.

Maybe put an explicit button to turn off the loop point on Drumsampler ?
I love 💖 Waveform 13.

I tried to replicate the issue, but I can't. I guess I don't have any WAV files with the same kind of loop point. I can't find anything called "loopout" in the plugin. If you want some help you might want to supply us with a WAV file that has the problem and some clear instructions or maybe screenshots.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

This is an example :
I think the first interval is for the length of the wav file and the second one is for the loop point.
Here I must put zero to "Loop Out" to stop the loop mode and I must do it manually and it's not explicit anywhere.
I guess that will help you. :wink:

I have some wav files that don't have these loop points in the metadata, but unfortunately I have tens of thousands of sample files with these damn loop points.

Okay, I can see what you mean now. I have some WAV files that have loop points in them and they loop forever. That's annoying.

You can get Wavosaur, which gives you the ability to delete the loop points. You can even run a batch processor to remove the loop points from any number of files in one go.

For the record, I think that the drum sampler should ignore the loop points, especially when it's in one-shot mode.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Fixing this now, hope to have a beta out today / tomorrow. Anybody have a wav file the demonstrates the issue they can share?

Now that I know Wavosaur can create/erase loop points it was easy to make one for testing. There should be a ZIP file attached to this post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Interesting that the Panic function (burger menu top left of plugin) doesn't stop everything. I had that sound in a pad and I hit the pad several time, resulting in several endless loops of the sound. Each time I selected Panic it would remove just one of them. Is that by design?

I've posted beta, please confirm this is fixed

Panic behaviour doesn't sound correct, what about panic button in Waveform?

FigBug wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:28 pm I've posted beta, please confirm this is fixed
It looks like audio files with loop points no longer loop forever in the drum sampler.
FigBug wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:28 pm Panic behaviour doesn't sound correct, what about panic button in Waveform?
The panic button in Waveform doesn't really do anything to the looping audio in the Drum Sampler. If the neverending loop issue has been fixed then the oddness of the panic button is probably irrelevant. But just in case you want to see how the strange panic behaviour works, try it in the Multi Sampler. Add an audio file with loop points, hold down multiple keys (ie. play a chord) then hit the in-plugin Panic. The Waveform panic works as expected when using the Multi Sampler.

Return to “Tracktion”