DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.2)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

DrivenByMoss 23.2 is out!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de (since my DNS provider is still down, you can reach the server directly: https://92.205.106.63 (you have to ignore the SSL warning)).
  • All devices
    • Fixed: On-screen notifications about sends could show a wrong text.
  • MCU
    • New: Added support for iCON V1-M (display RGB colors, 2nd display)
    • New: Send VU updates only if necessary.
    • Fixed: VU meters did not work anymore on iCON devices.
https://youtu.be/90-QCvJpC9I

Enjoy!

moss wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:51 pm Yes, that's what I am saying. Triggering this from a knob basically means triggering a button multiple times, which needs to be slowed-down as well.
Ok thanks for your answer, but for me it doesn't work even when I assign it to a button.

I'm talking specifically about the "Device : Scroll Parameter Pages" feature, this thing doesn't do anything. It's weird because if I assign "Device : Select Previous Parameter Page" or "Device : Select Next Parameter Page" to a button, it works perfectly and even when I assign it to a knob. So how can I get this "Device : Scroll Parameter Pages" to work ?

trostiflex wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:31 pm
moss wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:51 pm Yes, that's what I am saying. Triggering this from a knob basically means triggering a button multiple times, which needs to be slowed-down as well.
Ok thanks for your answer, but for me it doesn't work even when I assign it to a button.

I'm talking specifically about the "Device : Scroll Parameter Pages" feature, this thing doesn't do anything. It's weird because if I assign "Device : Select Previous Parameter Page" or "Device : Select Next Parameter Page" to a button, it works perfectly and even when I assign it to a knob. So how can I get this "Device : Scroll Parameter Pages" to work ?
Sorry, don't have time to test this and will be travelling the next 2 weeks. I had a quick look but didn't see anything wrong. Try to assign "Device: Scroll Parameter Banks" maybe these 2 are flipped.

moss wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:48 pm Sorry, don't have time to test this and will be travelling the next 2 weeks. I had a quick look but didn't see anything wrong. Try to assign "Device: Scroll Parameter Banks" maybe these 2 are flipped.
Thanks moss, I understand completely. Also, I've managed to get this thing to work with the Midi Fighter Twister, now this is great !

So, for some reason, the "Device : Scroll Parameter Pages" works if the knob your tweaking on the Midi Fighter Twister is set to "ENC 3FH/41H" and the knob mode on the Flexi is set to "Relative Offset Binary".

That's weird because if you want to tweak the "Device : Set Parameter 1", for example, with another knob, this works better with the Midi Fighter Twister set to "CC" and the Flexi knob mode set to "Absolute".

But, hey, it works !

trostiflex wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:29 pm
moss wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:48 pm Sorry, don't have time to test this and will be travelling the next 2 weeks. I had a quick look but didn't see anything wrong. Try to assign "Device: Scroll Parameter Banks" maybe these 2 are flipped.
Thanks moss, I understand completely. Also, I've managed to get this thing to work with the Midi Fighter Twister, now this is great !

So, for some reason, the "Device : Scroll Parameter Pages" works if the knob your tweaking on the Midi Fighter Twister is set to "ENC 3FH/41H" and the knob mode on the Flexi is set to "Relative Offset Binary".

That's weird because if you want to tweak the "Device : Set Parameter 1", for example, with another knob, this works better with the Midi Fighter Twister set to "CC" and the Flexi knob mode set to "Absolute".

But, hey, it works !
Ah, ok. That's correct, the page navigation makes only sense with relative knobs since there is an unknown number of pages.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello,

I might be the only one still using it but is it possible to get a script for the Maschine MK1? As far as I know the MK1 has ".ncc" Template Files while the MK2 has ".ncm2".

Edit: I tried uploading the included Ableton 9 .ncc code as an example to pastebin but the code exceeds 512kb so here is a download: https://file.io/KJ1z8NRaFZTi (https://file.io/KJ1z8NRaFZTi)

lazyy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:49 am Hello,

I might be the only one still using it but is it possible to get a script for the Maschine MK1? As far as I know the MK1 has ".ncc" Template Files while the MK2 has ".ncm2".

Edit: I tried uploading the included Ableton 9 .ncc code as an example to pastebin but the code exceeds 512kb so here is a download: https://file.io/KJ1z8NRaFZTi
MkI is pretty locked down and there is not much you can do with it programming wise.

moss wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:15 pm
MkI is pretty locked down and there is not much you can do with it programming wise.
Thank you for the quick response! May I ask what you mean by locked down? I compared the default script I have (Ableton 9, MK1) with yours (Bitwig, MK2) and they seem to be very similar with their syntax (see attached photo). I was wrong regarding the file type though. MK1 is ".ncm" and MK2 is ".ncm2".

lazyy wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:02 pm
moss wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:15 pm
Thank you for the quick response! May I ask what you mean by locked down? I compared the default script I have (Ableton 9, MK1) with yours (Bitwig, MK2) and they seem to be very similar with their syntax (see attached photo). I was wrong regarding the file type though. MK1 is ".ncm" and MK2 is ".ncm2".

Not sure if I remember everything correctly, it is a long time ago I looked into this. E.g. there is no way to access the display and there are no colors on the pads.

https://youtu.be/fSwYl409Zbg
There is an issue with auto-color it gets into a loop when trying to undo past naming of a track.
The only solution is to turn off the extension, undo and then turn it back on.
Could you please add a button here Image to bypass extension so that I don't have to open the settings every time I need to undo past auto-coloring? Or maybe like a 5-second bypass so that it turns back on automatically.

Hello. Would it be possible to turn off unused pads in the Launchpad Mixing mode so that it looks as clean as Session mode ? I mean, unused pads in Session mode are not light up. Can it be also the same in Mixing mode ?

Here's a photo in Mixing mode. The light blue pads are actually white, although they turned out light blue on the photo.

DSCN1277.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

moss wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:49 pm
Dazel77 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:08 pm Hi Jurgen,
I made some significant headway last night and was able to program all my NanoKontrol groups and such and am gaining understanding of the approach moving forward. I do have some more specific questions for you now if you don't mind. Its in regards to the options and modes. I'm not sure how this aspect works and am wondering if you could provide some detail?
It is quite simple: you can assign 8 knobs and 8 buttons which will be used in all modes. Then assign buttons to directly select a mode or buttons switch modes. The modes are explained in the manual.
Great! Thank you sir. Please note that I did read the manual before asking the question on here, and couldn't make sense of it. As an example, I programmed my NanoKontrol to use the FF and RW buttons for next bank, and it works great so I think maybe that functionality confused me because I could necessarily see past it.
so I guess from your input above and the manual, the idea of modes is that one can advance, as an example, the next bank of volume only as opposed to entire bank, and so on.

All that being said, I've had to move back to Studio One for audio recording because of what seems to be a huge glaring comping bug in Bitwig v5.0 (I don't have a 5.1 subscription yet, and am contemplating whether to get one or not. I may consider selling my BW license if that's ok per EULA)

Dazel77 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:47 pm All that being said, I've had to move back to Studio One for audio recording because of what seems to be a huge glaring comping bug in Bitwig v5.0 (I don't have a 5.1 subscription yet, and am contemplating whether to get one or not. I may consider selling my BW license if that's ok per EULA)
I got a 4.x subscription. During that subscription time 5.0 was released. Now I'm running 5.1.6 w/o having to renew the subscription, now way past a year. A subscription entitles to all minor releases.

mevla wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:28 pm
Dazel77 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:47 pm All that being said, I've had to move back to Studio One for audio recording because of what seems to be a huge glaring comping bug in Bitwig v5.0 (I don't have a 5.1 subscription yet, and am contemplating whether to get one or not. I may consider selling my BW license if that's ok per EULA)
I got a 4.x subscription. During that subscription time 5.0 was released. Now I'm running 5.1.6 w/o having to renew the subscription, now way past a year. A subscription entitles to all minor releases.
I'll have to check it out. I had thought from my months of learning the ropes, lol, that one had to buy a subscription on top of the product, and that the 12 month free upgrades only pertains to minor revision numbers. Thanks for the heads up.

I guess a new question would be - Is the comping bug fixed in the latest rev.?

Dazel77 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:37 pm I guess a new question would be - Is the comping bug fixed in the latest rev.?
I'm actually a guitar player but for the past year and a bit more I concentrated on learning synths, Bitwig modulators, and got lost a bit in the Grids. Only recently started to record a tiny bit of guitar, mostly audio tests and such, although I've not used the comping feature since 4.x. If there was anything done to comping it should be mentioned in the change logs of 5.1.x.

Return to “Controller Scripting”