U-he Astro (Alesis Andromeda emulation)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AT LAST!! I remembered my Screen Name and Password!! So, you are all now in the clutches of a the Demon of Dark Analog.
TO dispel one [don't be a BABY] notion: I've owned and sold TWO Andromedas. Both functioned PERFECTLY every day that I owned them! So why TWO?? Cuz I bought into the rhetoric that you gotta have a second one for the day that the first one goes into DISASTER MODE. What I sucker twas me! In any event, I bought TWO pristine ones, figuring.... 'cording to what I hear, one's gonna break any second, right? Not right.
Both of them cranked up and did their tuning routines perfectly. So, here's the deal: IF YOU WANT ONE, buy a pristine one and ENJOY IT! Far higher chance that YOU'RE gonna drop dead tomorrow...not the Andromeda. IF you're still feeling uneasy, then WATCH the TIM SHOEBRIDGE YouTube video regarding HIS new Andromeda. I can assure you, it will NOT be pried from his fingers.
Okay, on to the POINT of the matter. Before the nice folks at CHERRY do it like 4/5ths of the way and U-he, GREAT AS THEY ARE, decided to build the ANDY PLUGIN, A) they'd have to run it through their ZEBRAMATION MACHINE, right? Zebramator...what's a ZEBRMATOR? ANSSWER: It's an R&D MACHINE where Evolves and Matures (imagine the SYNTH in a monstrously large vat of GOO...maturing. This process, as we know, takes a minimum of 10 years, so U-he is OUT of the ANDY GAME. I swore I was not going to use the nickname, ANDY, and I've used it twice!
DIGRESSION: You know how some SYNTH REVIEWERS on YouTube, when teaching (word, teaching, used loosely) s technique that involve a series of STEPS, will say-- like a MILLION FREAKING TIMES-- "okay, no I will GO AHEAD and..." and WHATEVER. GO AHEAD, I will go ahead, or...next I'm going to go ahead and/or, let's Go Ahead. I could just SCREAM!!!!!!!! GO AHEAD works fine for when your taking the Practical portion of your Driving Test.
"JIM." "Yes, Tropper Johnson?" "Jim, you may GO AHEAD and put the car into DRIVE."
NEXT...you're driving down a roadway.
"JIM." Yes Sir, Trooper Johnson!" "Jim, I'd like you to go ahead to the next stop sign up ahead. Do you see the stop sign, Jim?"
END DIGRESSION.
Ot, now I'm going to go ahead and return to the main topic: Andromeda as a PLUGIN.r
I think we both know who it is that has to undertake ANDROMEDA, THE VST.
If you'r e hand off this HOT POTATO to some lame undertaking, well, you just as well should not hand it off at all; simply package up 4 or 5 pristine ones, fill out the shipping labels, "TO: BEHRINGER." Let me see... IF they start to work on it in MAR, 2024, you can buy yours before XMAS. And what you'd get is THAT SOUND, spot on, and missing a whole bunch of MODS and features, which would lead to a lot of head-scratching. All for $1350... 16 voices.
Ok, so that's OUT for most folks.
The Andromeda can mutate. Trying to do a Sample Based soft synth would make you crazy. Doing it with 30 or 40,000 samples....are you kidding me?!! It'd be more like 400,000 samples MIGHT come close to sounds Andromeda can make. So, that, too, is out.
And the WINNER (not the WHINERS, the WINNER) is.... you KNOW you already know the answer, why do I even have to say it? GForce. One and Done. They'll need only 2 years to U-he's 10+ years (many of us will be in nursing homes by then and a family member can simply show a picture of an Andromeda and say, "Don't you remember, Sweetheart, you have this one at home!" You'll never know the diff. So, we don't waste our time on Arturia sounds a lot like 7 of their other synths) or WE can get close in 6 weeks at Cherry. in other words, it'll be WORTH THE WAIT.
In fact, I'll email Graeme and let him know I have GREAT NEWS...I have found the SYNTH that is to be GForce's next work of art! He'll thrilled, I know!
Ok, gotta hop. Later.
MORE SYNTHS, MORE SYNTHS!!!

TL;DR

AI has gone rogue. None of that was remotely coherent.

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:46 pm AI has gone rogue. None of that was remotely coherent.
I tend to put a voice with the dialogue I'm reading... the post in question reads well with a tangential Homer Simpson voice-over. :wink:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

its whatshisname again.

Didn't Uncle E once post an example of patches he made for Cypher that sounded remarkably like the Andromeda?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

markearmusic wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:58 pm AT LAST!! I remembered my Screen Name and Password!! So, you are all now in the clutches of a the Demon of Dark Analog.
TO dispel one [don't be a BABY] notion: I've owned and sold TWO Andromedas. Both functioned PERFECTLY every day that I owned them! So why TWO?? Cuz I bought into the rhetoric that you gotta have a second one for the day that the first one goes into DISASTER MODE. What I sucker twas me! In any event, I bought TWO pristine ones, figuring.... 'cording to what I hear, one's gonna break any second, right? Not right.
Both of them cranked up and did their tuning routines perfectly. So, here's the deal: IF YOU WANT ONE, buy a pristine one and ENJOY IT! Far higher chance that YOU'RE gonna drop dead tomorrow...not the Andromeda. IF you're still feeling uneasy, then WATCH the TIM SHOEBRIDGE YouTube video regarding HIS new Andromeda. I can assure you, it will NOT be pried from his fingers.
Okay, on to the POINT of the matter. Before the nice folks at CHERRY do it like 4/5ths of the way and U-he, GREAT AS THEY ARE, decided to build the ANDY PLUGIN, A) they'd have to run it through their ZEBRAMATION MACHINE, right? Zebramator...what's a ZEBRMATOR? ANSSWER: It's an R&D MACHINE where Evolves and Matures (imagine the SYNTH in a monstrously large vat of GOO...maturing. This process, as we know, takes a minimum of 10 years, so U-he is OUT of the ANDY GAME. I swore I was not going to use the nickname, ANDY, and I've used it twice!
DIGRESSION: You know how some SYNTH REVIEWERS on YouTube, when teaching (word, teaching, used loosely) s technique that involve a series of STEPS, will say-- like a MILLION FREAKING TIMES-- "okay, no I will GO AHEAD and..." and WHATEVER. GO AHEAD, I will go ahead, or...next I'm going to go ahead and/or, let's Go Ahead. I could just SCREAM!!!!!!!! GO AHEAD works fine for when your taking the Practical portion of your Driving Test.
"JIM." "Yes, Tropper Johnson?" "Jim, you may GO AHEAD and put the car into DRIVE."
NEXT...you're driving down a roadway.
"JIM." Yes Sir, Trooper Johnson!" "Jim, I'd like you to go ahead to the next stop sign up ahead. Do you see the stop sign, Jim?"
END DIGRESSION.
Ot, now I'm going to go ahead and return to the main topic: Andromeda as a PLUGIN.r
I think we both know who it is that has to undertake ANDROMEDA, THE VST.
If you'r e hand off this HOT POTATO to some lame undertaking, well, you just as well should not hand it off at all; simply package up 4 or 5 pristine ones, fill out the shipping labels, "TO: BEHRINGER." Let me see... IF they start to work on it in MAR, 2024, you can buy yours before XMAS. And what you'd get is THAT SOUND, spot on, and missing a whole bunch of MODS and features, which would lead to a lot of head-scratching. All for $1350... 16 voices.
Ok, so that's OUT for most folks.
The Andromeda can mutate. Trying to do a Sample Based soft synth would make you crazy. Doing it with 30 or 40,000 samples....are you kidding me?!! It'd be more like 400,000 samples MIGHT come close to sounds Andromeda can make. So, that, too, is out.
And the WINNER (not the WHINERS, the WINNER) is.... you KNOW you already know the answer, why do I even have to say it? GForce. One and Done. They'll need only 2 years to U-he's 10+ years (many of us will be in nursing homes by then and a family member can simply show a picture of an Andromeda and say, "Don't you remember, Sweetheart, you have this one at home!" You'll never know the diff. So, we don't waste our time on Arturia sounds a lot like 7 of their other synths) or WE can get close in 6 weeks at Cherry. in other words, it'll be WORTH THE WAIT.
In fact, I'll email Graeme and let him know I have GREAT NEWS...I have found the SYNTH that is to be GForce's next work of art! He'll thrilled, I know!
Ok, gotta hop. Later.
wtf was that, looks creepy :roll:

I can’t read it but did the guy kind of think we were going to do such an emulation?

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:46 pm AI has gone rogue. None of that was remotely coherent.
I would like to see a ChatGPTify feature on boards. Instead of putting someone on your foes list, you put them on your gpt list. When they're on that list, you never see their original post. In it's place you see a ChatGPT summary in a neutral to positive tone. You're welcome:
ChatGTP 3.5 wrote: The author starts by announcing their successful recollection of their screen name and password, followed by a declaration that readers are now under the influence of the "Demon of Dark Analog." They share their experience of owning and selling two Andromeda synthesizers, both of which functioned perfectly, debunking the notion that they are prone to breaking down. The author advises potential buyers to confidently purchase a pristine Andromeda and enjoy it, emphasizing that the chances of the synth malfunctioning are lower than unforeseen personal circumstances.

They then digress to criticize a common phrase used by synth reviewers on YouTube before returning to the main topic: the possibility of creating an Andromeda plugin. They argue that it would be a challenging task due to the complexity of the synth's sound and features. The author suggests that GForce would be the most capable to undertake such a project, given their track record and efficiency.

Ultimately, the author expresses enthusiasm about the prospect of a GForce Andromeda plugin and plans to inform Graeme, likely someone from GForce, about their idea. They conclude by stating they must leave.
I'm also looking forward the Zebra 3, it might be the first Zebra that I'm willing to pay for, time will tell.

Return to “u-he”