Review Low End Strings by Native Instruments (created by 10 Phantom Rooms)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Low End Strings by Native Instruments, created by 10 Phantom Rooms is great for electronic music, pop, rock, film and production music. It's basically a hybrid library that tend more to the synth world, all in the mid-low register, created by processing the sound of double basses iwth analogue and digital gear. It's a very good choice both for bass synth lines and for layering, especially when used in film and production music to double the contrabasses.

Thanks to Native Instruments for kindly sending us a copy of the library to review.

https://youtu.be/6uYJBRMLe6I?si=4D4jmk6xxU8q9sCu

I'm using it in the new project.
Interesting sound and quite what I wanted it for, but the design for control of it leaves a lot to be desired. The "Animate', Filter etc controls are fixed to have the same values for all four channels, nothing can be done. You see it in the Host Automation assignment tab: there are six controls and six parameters. Things I absolutely expect to be automatable just aren't. I paid $49.50 so not a huge tragedy here. I would give that developer a pass in future.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”