Getting sequenced MIDI out of Hive2

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

is there a way to get the processed MIDI out of Hive 2 ? For e.g. when I use the Arp or the Shape Sequencer to manipulate (Velocity, Gate, etc) incoming midi notes and I want to record the processed midi notes in an other track. How could I do that?
Currently I only get the original midi notes from the input.

Note: It's not about how to do that in a DAW.

Currently we do not do MIDI output because for our feature set we chose to support the smallest common denominator of plug-in formats - and several plug-in formats do not have or did not have or weren't supposed to have MIDI output.

As we're in the process of adopting CLAP as our base format, we will add MIDI output, and thus we'll go beyond supporting only the common denominator.

What would be cool is if you could allow Hive to drag and drop MIDI from the HIVE sequencer to a track or output it to a MIDI file. Some other VSTs allow that functionality.

Urs wrote: ↑Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:37 pm Currently we do not do MIDI output because for our feature set we chose to support the smallest common denominator of plug-in formats - and several plug-in formats do not have or did not have or weren't supposed to have MIDI output.

As we're in the process of adopting CLAP as our base format, we will add MIDI output, and thus we'll go beyond supporting only the common denominator.
Oh wow that are great news. Thank you for the information 🌻

We have only recently completely reworked drag'n'drop support. That's a future option - dragging MIDI in and out. Can't estimate when we'd be able to begin thinking about this.

Urs wrote: ↑Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:08 pm We have only recently completely reworked drag'n'drop support. That's a future option - dragging MIDI in and out. Can't estimate when we'd be able to begin thinking about this.
OK...just an idea.

I hope you can get FL and Ableton onboard for CLAP support soon!

tony10000 wrote: ↑Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:24 pm
Urs wrote: ↑Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:08 pm We have only recently completely reworked drag'n'drop support. That's a future option - dragging MIDI in and out. Can't estimate when we'd be able to begin thinking about this.
OK...just an idea.

I hope you can get FL and Ableton onboard for CLAP support soon!
There could be a chance, that you even get some features from CLAP as well on VST3 (as far as possible in VST3) , if I interpret this post about CLAP Wrapper correct.
But that depends how much work should be invested in reworking the codebase.

That would be a great feature, I love using sequencers inside of synths but they don’t have the amount of depth and detail that MIDI can do, so it would be awesome to start a sequence inside of a U-He synth and then drag out a MIDI clip out and edit it from there

Now that I assigned a macro knob to it, I'm still loving HS' changing the steps while using REC + ARP tutorial (RTFM) Trick/TIP and use it *all the time* β€” sometimes with a bit of SHIFT and other tweaks Skip/GATE etc - It's nice to see the HIVE SEQ get some attention, not just Repro

Urs wrote: ↑Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:08 pm We have only recently completely reworked drag'n'drop support.
this is huge + welcome news if you are talking about dialog alert windows saving/defining presets. it took me forever to figure out (under OSX) that despite no support for straight copy/paste we can use control click w as work around in those SAVE Preset windows 8)

Urs wrote: ↑Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:37 pm Currently we do not do MIDI output because for our feature set we chose to support the smallest common denominator of plug-in formats - and several plug-in formats do not have or did not have or weren't supposed to have MIDI output.

Hi checking one year after this was written. I'm thinking about purchasing Hive 2, will Hive 2 be getting some new updates and perhaps what this topic requested? Any plans to push out some smaller updates during 2024 for Hive2? It looks like an amazing synth, hope it will still be supported.

We still have several plans in that direction, but we can not say for sure if and when it happens.

ArtDiffuser wrote: ↑Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:50 pm Any plans to push out some smaller updates during 2024 for Hive2? It looks like an amazing synth, hope it will still be supported.
Hive is currently in beta which adds CLAP support and MPE support. The thread is at the top of the forum. You can be sure that u-he will keep supporting and developing Hive in the future! It's a top notch synth and well worth it.

Thank you for quick answers I bought Hive 2 :)

Return to β€œu-he”