Is it possible to show relevant Zebra page on MIDI input?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Somehow it still bugs me that the difference between software + MIDI controllers and good digital hardware synths (say Peak/Hyrdasynth/Minifreak; [not a ranking]) is mostly the economics of the interface.

My question is: Is it possible with u-he GUI scripts to react to incoming MIDI? Say, if I change the cutoff of VCF1 in Zebra, could I modify the script such that it ensures that VCF1 is visible?

Details: I'm currently writing UVIScripts to make Falcon behave like a hardware synth, e.g. with a display of currently changed values, access to all parameters, and mod matrix via MIDI controller with something like parameter pages, etc. It feels very cool to use it like that and I would be happy to translate something similar to Zebra. Maybe it will require a separate clap plugin just for translating MIDI messaged :) . As far as I know, there are only a few software synths that allow full control via MIDI (Omnisphere hardware integration, but requires some tricks for general controllers; DIVA with MONA skin :love: (everything on one page); other smaller synths with more limited controls, e.g. OB-Xd).

Return to “u-he”