Logic Pro 10.8 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dayjob wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:05 am
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:07 pm Logic AU's appear now to be able to respond to MIDI, it seems they have also got rid of MFX as they are no longer needed.
all the NI MFX versions are there like reaktor MFX, absynth MFX etc.. same as AU Midi controlled effects and midi plug ins/scripter etc..
Guitar Rig MFX is gone though

chagzuki wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:03 pm
roman.i wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:51 pm "audiounit plugin has reported a problem" is a plugin bug, not a Logic bug.
I doubt that that's the case, since it never happened prior to Ventura, and it's known that Ventura created issues to do with core management. I'm not a programmer so I have very limited understanding of this sort of thing, but the way the error occurs (randomly, sometimes 30 seconds after opening a project, and sometimes 40 minutes after opening a project and playing it through multiple times) suggests there's a deeper Mac OS issue.
No, that’s 100% a plugin issue.
I have plenty of 3rd party plugins and there’s a couple unupdated ones that cause issues. On vast majority of projects this doesnt happen.

Ploki wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:01 pm No, that’s 100% a plugin issue.
I have plenty of 3rd party plugins and there’s a couple unupdated ones that cause issues. On vast majority of projects this doesnt happen.
I'll continue to try to troubleshoot. I think it happens on all my projects, and they're varied in terms of plugins used. The only constants seem to be Kilohearts stuff (Snapheap and Multipass always get used somewhere), SDRR2 and MdynamicEQ. I wonder if Melda could be causing an issue, but it seems unlikely given that they're widely used, and updated frequently.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:59 am
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:07 pm Logic AU's appear now to be able to respond to MIDI, it seems they have also got rid of MFX as they are no longer needed.
all the NI MFX versions are there like reaktor MFX, absynth MFX etc.. same as AU Midi controlled effects and midi plug ins/scripter etc..
All the MFX are still there under the AU MIDI-controlled Effects menu - I see Guitar Rig 6 MFX there.

it's in -> AU midi controlled FX

dayjob wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:05 pm
it's in -> AU midi controlled FX

That's not what I a seeing, they are no longer in the FX menu for me, however I see now they have been moved to the instruments menu which is going to cause some problems

chagzuki wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:17 pm
Ploki wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:01 pm No, that’s 100% a plugin issue.
I'll continue to try to troubleshoot. I think it happens on all my projects, and they're varied in terms of plugins used. The only constants seem to be Kilohearts stuff (Snapheap and Multipass always get used somewhere), SDRR2 and MdynamicEQ. I wonder if Melda could be causing an issue, but it seems unlikely given that they're widely used, and updated frequently.
For me it's the alpha version of u-he Uhbiks. They consistently crash and post this message. The moment i stop using them in a project there's no more AU crashes.

There might be some hints in Console.app under crash reports, look for
" AUHostingServiceXPC "

Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:48 am I think that the other topic - “Logic 11” should disappear, can’t see the point…
I don't even care about 11, I just want them to fix the plugin resizing bug.

Sample alchemy is cool, but every time I load a loop or sample it is immediately altered with the granular effect. Any way to keep the imported loop 'clean' and unprocessed?

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:16 pm That's not what I a seeing, they are no longer in the FX menu for me, however I see now they have been moved to the instruments menu which is going to cause some problems
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but nothing's been moved:
Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 6.31.34 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Apparently you need apple silicon in order to use all the different mastering assistant's algorithms

alonl6 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:19 am Apparently you need apple silicon in order to use all the different mastering assistant's algorithms
Noticed that last night. I'm presuming it's down to the neural engine being used for that feature but feels like the start of a slippery slope for new features on intel macs :?

I am planning to finally buy the full version of Logic Pro today. So, when moving from the trial version, before removing the trial version, do I simply just make a backup of the preferences/.plist file and then replace it in the full version installation?

Also, I have backed up the folder/s where all the templates, presets, etc. are stored, but I just want to make sure my full installation works exactly in the same way I set up my trial version to work.

Any suggestions for "moving from trial to full version of Logic Pro" would be appreciated.

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:32 am
aMUSEd wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:16 pm That's not what I a seeing, they are no longer in the FX menu for me, however I see now they have been moved to the instruments menu which is going to cause some problems

This is how it looks for me now"

FX slot menu
Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 09.28.14.png
Instrument slot menu
Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 09.27.34.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hurricaneaudiolab wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:32 am

Also you're looking at the Midi FX menu, not the MFX (Midi controlled FX) - not the same thing

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”