Programming Question - Technology behind the vector interfaces?

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Can you tell me about the technology that drives the new vector interfaces? How are the interface calls different than the older interfaces that are statically drawn?

Full disclosure: I use Hornet plugins on Linux using Wine, and the plugins all work perfectly, but the vector interfaces don't draw properly (they only show a black screen), so I want to open a bug report with the Wine developers to see if they can fix the issue. I'm hoping if I can get some info on the tech behind the vector interfaces, I can help them get started, but I understand if you can't share anything about it! Thanks for the help!

Hi!
I reported issue with drawing GUI in new Hornet plugins, check this threat:
viewtopic.php?p=8698847&hilit=hornet+linux#p8698847.

Sadly, I was unable to run any new Hornet plugin on linux and give up. Please let me know if you can solve this.

PaulTGG wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:42 pm Hi,

Can you tell me about the technology that drives the new vector interfaces? How are the interface calls different than the older interfaces that are statically drawn?

Full disclosure: I use Hornet plugins on Linux using Wine, and the plugins all work perfectly, but the vector interfaces don't draw properly (they only show a black screen), so I want to open a bug report with the Wine developers to see if they can fix the issue. I'm hoping if I can get some info on the tech behind the vector interfaces, I can help them get started, but I understand if you can't share anything about it! Thanks for the help!
Hi our latest plugins (VHS, Magnus MK3, Tape MK2, ADDA, 80Verb and Magnus Lite) all uses the webkit engine to draw UI (WKWebView on macOS and WebView2 on Windows) if wine can Emulate WebView2 they will work just fine.

Honestly we don't have the resources to create Linux port of the plugin since the framework we use is iPlug2 and it does not have a working linux support (only partial).

Saverio

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”