Uhbik 2.0 public alpha 02, rev. 9629 (Catalina ready)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PieBerger wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:54 am I wasn't being entirely serious :lol:
Same here :lol:
(not about the surprising coolness of FVA)
PieBerger wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:54 am
If we all stand on one foot, with our fingers crossed and Mercury isn't in retrograde, maybe Z3 will release at/around Superbooth '24, so at the very least, I can keep my wallet closed until then. No point in spending a bunch of money on new plugins, only to bench them when Z3 becomes available (at no extra charge to me too!)
No way Z3 will be released by then... more like Superbooth '25... for an early beta...

I do aim for Superbooth 24 for *something*...

pdxindy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:51 pm
PieBerger wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:54 am I wasn't being entirely serious :lol:
Same here :lol:
(not about the surprising coolness of FVA)
PieBerger wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:54 am
If we all stand on one foot, with our fingers crossed and Mercury isn't in retrograde, maybe Z3 will release at/around Superbooth '24, so at the very least, I can keep my wallet closed until then. No point in spending a bunch of money on new plugins, only to bench them when Z3 becomes available (at no extra charge to me too!)
No way Z3 will be released by then... more like Superbooth '25... for an early beta...
I have money for 10 months or for 24 months, it's win win :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:54 pm
But then you miss out on the unique capabilities of Filterscape and Filterscape VA!! (Which Z3 wont duplicate)

So more like win/lose :hihi:

(this is just in fun... doesn't matter to me whether you buy plugins or not)

pdxindy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:58 pm
But then you miss out on the unique capabilities of Filterscape and Filterscape VA!! (Which Z3 wont duplicate)

Get away filthy plugin pusher :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:01 pm
pdxindy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:58 pm

Get away filthy plugin pusher :lol:
:hihi:

Weasel-Boy wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:01 pm
Weasel-Boy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:38 pm I sure wouldn't mind a voluntary once-a-month or so progress update from U-He on the state of the Uhbik plug-ins.
Any tidbits worth reporting this month Urs? :)
Well, here we are, a month later and a lovely Filterscape beta has been rolled out. Thank you so much for that, Urs & co.

So, with Filterscape nearing completion, how does that shape the Uhbik timeline?
On a number of Macs

Hehehe, haven't shaped it yet... FS isn't out yet. I feel confident about it though.

A lot of things that are also important but which do not have fancy names are also falling into place nicely atm, as you can see from our out-of-the-blue Podolski beta. Like, VST3, AAX improvements.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:01 pm Hi everyone,

it's almost time for a much needed ho ho holiday season break.
But before we leave for our Christmas vacation, we got one last little treat for you.

Downloads:

Uhbik 2.0 public alpha 02 rev. 9629 Mac
Uhbik 2.0 public alpha 02 rev. 9629 Win

Cheers,
Tas
is there a newer version available for public tryout?

verstaerker wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:25 pm is there a newer version available for public tryout?
No there isn't. Work on Uhbik 2.0 will resume some time after we released the Filterscape 1.5 update.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Maybe I shouldn't ask this question here (I'm not sure about the policy). Feel free to tell me to edit or delete this post:

I have a policy of not using anything that needs iLok (yes, even if it's only iLok software).

So, when Uhbik 2.0 is finally released, do you think it can completely replace the Soundtoys Total Bundle?

Should I ask this question somewhere else?

limitlesssss wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:36 am Maybe I shouldn't ask this question here (I'm not sure about the policy), but I'm going to ask it anyway. Feel free to tell me to edit or delete this post:

I have a policy of not using anything that needs iLok (yes, even if it's only iLok software).

So, when Uhbik 2.0 is finally released, do you think it can completely replace the Soundtoys Total Bundle?

not entirely.
I dont have soundtoys but from the top of my head, uhbik lacks conventional pitch shifting and saturation. Everything else you’re covered

Ploki wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:52 am
limitlesssss wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:36 am Maybe I shouldn't ask this question here (I'm not sure about the policy), but I'm going to ask it anyway. Feel free to tell me to edit or delete this post:

not entirely.
I dont have soundtoys but from the top of my head, uhbik lacks conventional pitch shifting and saturation. Everything else you’re covered
So do you think the delays and reverbs in Uhbik 2.0 are on par with EchoBoy, PrimalTap and SuperPlate?

You don't?!? :shock:

(just wait till we include our aliasing free output clipper/saturator, hehehe)

Return to “u-he”