Pitch bend range for 128 note Linnstrument

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a 200 and have no problem with getting the pitch bend range right. I use microtonal scales and am currently using 21 notes per octave. I just purchased a 128 for travel (it fits in my suitcase) and when I set it up exactly as the 200 is set up, the pitch bend does not work the same. 12 notes is about a fifth in this tuning, but when I glide up to a fifth above (12 keys up), it goes up an octave. If I let go and replay the note, it plays the fifth, as it should. Glide down 12 keys, down an octave, though it should be a fifth. I have it set for full MPE.

It sounds like the pitch bend range on the synthesizer and/or LinnStrument is not correct. Try changing the pitch bend range between the synthesizer and/or the LinnStrument so that it matches the ratio for sliding that you are expecting.
Hidden setting: Any Bend Range
To select any Bend Range from 1 to 96 semitones, hold the "+/-24" pad and the screen will display the current value in large numbers. Swipe left or right to adjust it from 1 to 96. If other than 24, its light in the Per-Split Settings screen will change to the split's accent color.

They are both set to 48, so don't think that is the problem.

Alright, give us details of the synthesizer you use, and what process you go through with it along with the LinnStrument.

Hi John,
If it works on the 200, then your 128 with the same settings must work because the 128 is identical to the first 16 columns of the 200. I suspect that some setting is different.
LinnStrument’s Bend Range merely determines how many pads you must slide over in order to send the maximum Pitch Bend value, equal to moving a conventional Bend Wheel fully forward.

I figured it out. Sorry for the confusion. I am using Hive and other u-He products, but was also using Entonal Studio (allows micro tuning of non-micro synths like Equator) on Hive with the 200. I thought I had been using Hive without Entonal, which is how I set it up with the 128. It turns out I need a bend range of 85 in that situation.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”