Can anyone explain Bleass implementation of MPE Pressure to me?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
Using Bleass Omega, Megalit and Samplewiz 2, all have a great implementation of X and Y, with plenty of mapping options available for Y, but I'm confused by Z, pressure, it only shows up / reads, with Linnstrument Z set to channel, 2nd option down from top. Seemingly, with this set on the Linnstrument, Bleass is successfully per note pressure (which maybe logically is right given the allocation of rotating channels for each note played?), which seems counterintuitive to me, and doesn't that also mean swapping back and forward the setting in the Linnstrument settings when using other synths that implement actual poly pressure successfully, or am I just wrong? I was sure in other synths like the moogs poly pressure is the right setting to get poly pressure?!

Hi 5KW1RE,

Channel Pressure is the official MIDI message used for MPE pressure. There's a helpful page on my site called "What is MPE?", accessible from the LinnStrument Support page. The MIDI Poly Pressure message is used for polyphonic pressure one a single MIDI channel, which MPE doesn't need because it uses a separate MIDI channel for each touch.

Ahh I see, so to my small brain it was counterintuitive and the other way around, I had assumed poly pressure was MPE pressure (poly channel, poly notes), not that it was Midi Poly Pressure on a single channel, and I assumed channel pressure means sending on a single channel :), whereas ok it is the other way around. Thanks!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”