Quickly Transpose LinnStrument?

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way to quickly transpose (either a split, or the whole linnstrument) up or down an octave?

Basically so that you could do it mid performance with a button press (or a combination button press), without having to go into the Transpose menu, change the setting, and then go back.

Apologies, if I missed this in the manual.

Or as an alternative a way to toggle between default (not transposed at all) and the settings configured in the Transpose menu?

Yes, you can assign octave transpose to switch 1 and 2: https://www.rogerlinndesign.com/support ... ips-tricks
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

That is brilliant. Thank you Fannon!

Hi drake-n,

I plan to add a feature to a forthcoming software update: a new "Transpose" assignment for the Low Row that permits instant transposition while playing. It would work like the current transpose light bar, but on the Low Row instead of in the separate Octave/Transpose screen.

Other than the switches, you can also assign them to a momentary foot switch, either single or dual. Just remember that if you want to affect both splits, you need to configure it in Global Settings for whichever switches.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”