Editing vocal artifacts.

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am in the middle of a project and there are some unpleasant artifacts in some of the vocals.
In one example where the vocalist is singing a lot of ooh’s there is a split second where the vocalist closes up and produces a slight ‘ffff’ sound.
In another example, there is excess air hitting the capsule of the mic which needs to be removed.

Could I have some advice on the best way to do this please?

Thanks

The main tools for such a task have been the Audio editors. The best one historically has been Soundforge and then when we need spectral and AI assisted removals, Spectralayers for the dedicated user or iZotope's RX for the one-knob dial processing. All pretty expensive in their advanced full featured versions.
Then you may find little but powerful treasures like Zplane's Peel spectral editor.

I should mention I own the Premium version of Acoustica 7 and all the Restoration Suite so I am looking for advice on what the best method using these would be.

Is it easy to spot the artifact in the spectrogram? If yes, have you tried to select the smallest time / frequency geometry that covers the artifact and use the Retouch tool?

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”