Custom tunings and lights

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently bought a linnstrument and am having a great time. The general recommendation is to learn the default lights which makes sense. However, I’d like to use the “strum” technique with open guitar tunings.

Is it possible to change the pitch of each row manually?

I did see how to change the lights to a fretboard as well as how to paint whatever I want on the fretboard to go along with these tunings. One possible idea would be output channel per row and then have a midi setup of transposing each row to my desire pitch, but in curious if this tuning is possible in the box. Cheers

jekblad wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:24 am I recently bought a linnstrument and am having a great time. The general recommendation is to learn the default lights which makes sense. However, I’d like to use the “strum” technique with open guitar tunings.

Is it possible to change the pitch of each row manually?

I did see how to change the lights to a fretboard as well as how to paint whatever I want on the fretboard to go along with these tunings. One possible idea would be output channel per row and then have a midi setup of transposing each row to my desire pitch, but in curious if this tuning is possible in the box. Cheers
Yes. Global Settings (8th button) -> Row Offset (6th Column) -> Guitar (5th Row). From the Support page:
Hidden setting: Independent Row Tunings
Hold the GUITAR button to view the Independent Row Tuning screen. Select one of the 8 rows at left, then edit that row’s pitch by swiping left or right.
Assuming you want to transpose all the "strings" at once, it is possible using Octave/Transpose (4th button). From the Support page:
There are 3 horizontal bars in the center, adjacent to the printed text "Octave", "Transpose PItch" and "Transpose Lights". Slide your finger on one of the bars to adjust its value.
Slide the second bar, Transpose Pitch, to the right or left to increase or decrease the pitch by up to 7 semitones, respectively.

Amazing thank you

Return to “Roger Linn Design”