Laptop Purchase Guidance

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I need guidance for a new laptop purchase.

I want to use my laptop for the following uses; Podcasting (Audio+Video Production), DJing, DAW, Photo, and the usual.

I have not kept up with PCs since AMD Athlon. :o
So I'm a little out of touch.

I was looking at the following:
1) Dell G15
2) ASUS TUF
3) Lenovo Legion
I know they are sold as gaming laptops but that's what my google search is throwing at me.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

I have a Asus G14.

Decent enough in that range. Will be a whole lot thinner, more 'transportable' and less "gamer" if that matters than those listed.
DPC performance is fine.

If not heretical on your end then the M1 Macbooks look like a decent deal, especially with their single core performance for audio work. :evil:

Josephhh wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:56 am I have a Asus G14.

Decent enough in that range. Will be a whole lot thinner, more 'transportable' and less "gamer" if that matters than those listed.
DPC performance is fine.

If not heretical on your end then the M1 Macbooks look like a decent deal, especially with their single core performance for audio work. :evil:
Thank you.

I have posted this on Computer Setup and System Configuration. I feel like this is posted to the wrong forum. If anyone asks I will delete this post and keep the other post.

SlowBurningEcho wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:09 pm I have posted this on Computer Setup and System Configuration. I feel like this is posted to the wrong forum. If anyone asks I will delete this post and keep the other post.
Shouldnt be a problem... PM Hink and ask him to move it...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”