Bass VI (in Fiesta Red) and other unusual guitars

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

do squire do a pink one too?

vurt wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:34 pm do squire do a pink one too?
:hihi:

Danswift wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:11 pm I've recently been toying with the idea getting a bass VI.

The Squire models look pretty cool I must say from the various YouTube videos I've seen so now I just need to find a guitar store near me that actually sells these things so I can try one out for myself!
Allegedly some of the the Squier ones do have a few problems in terms of the tuners, but perhaps sorted now? My Revelation one (in Fiesta Red) is spot on...

https://www.revelationguitars.co.uk/guitar/rjt-60-b/

Thomann also do a 'Harley Benton' cheapo version which is apparently quite good too;

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton ... series.htm

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:20 pm
Danswift wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:11 pm I've recently been toying with the idea getting a bass VI.

The Squire models look pretty cool I must say from the various YouTube videos I've seen so now I just need to find a guitar store near me that actually sells these things so I can try one out for myself!
Allegedly some of the the Squier ones do have a few problems in terms of the tuners, but perhaps sorted now?
Is it the tuners or the fact that it has a tremolo bridge? I always thought that was a bit of a bad idea on their part from a tuning perspective (Fender and Squier).

Forgotten wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Allegedly some of the the Squier ones do have a few problems in terms of the tuners, but perhaps sorted now?
Is it the tuners or the fact that it has a tremolo bridge? I always thought that was a bit of a bad idea on their part from a tuning perspective (Fender and Squier).
Dunno, the Revelation (in Fiesta Red) also has a tremelo (never used it) and have had no bother with tuning.

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:38 pm
Forgotten wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Dunno, the Revelation (in Fiesta Red) also has a tremelo (never used it) and have had no bother with tuning.
Maybe not then, especially if you have enough tension on it. Was trying to think of something where someone played a Fender VI using the tremolo, but not even Uncle Hank tried when he played one - bit of string bending but no tremolo that I can hear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9w7kdf_ix8

Return to “Guitars”