Create custom instrument bank through GUI

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I found out how to create a custom instrument bank by making a new subdirectory in the \banks directory and manually copying instruments from other banks into it.
Is there a way of doing this through the Zyn GUI?

The closest option in the UI would be to:
1. create a new bank directories in the zyn UI
2. load a patch from the original bank
3. change the bank to the new bank
4. save to a slot in the new bank
5. change back to the original bank
6. repeat 2-5 as needed

What is your end goal with creating a new bank composed from instruments from other banks?
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Thanks for the quick answer!
Most instruments aren't really useful to me, and the ones I like are dispersed between banks. So my goal would be to collect the ones I like in one bank which would be my favourites. Or is there a better way to do this? Is it an option to assign them to channels 1-16 and save the parameters, would that achieve my goal too? (Sorry if I ask stupid questions, I'm new to synths, coming from a guitar background, but loving Zyn and open source linux music creation).

Right now your approach of copying files manually is likely the best way. I'm asking about the end goal as in the next version (3.0.0) there will be some new ways to navigate banks (searching, tagging, etc) which lend themselves to this task. The implementation could still use a few enhancements and it's helpful to know what use cases are involved.

Based upon this I think it might make sense to add a 'favorite' tag with some unique functionality.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Yes, tagging would be fabulous, and/or "starring".

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”