Is there any way to get Valhalla Shimmer qualities with ValhallaVintageVerb?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can I get really long reverbs with ValhallaVintageVerb like the ones in Valhalla Shimmer? I guess I won't be able to do the pitch modulation stuff that Valhalla Shimmer does but is there something similar? Or is there a way to chain effects to get a similar effect? I use Bitwig Studio by the way, and it has great chaining capabilities.. perhaps I could build an effects chain with stuff that I do have? Don't have the extra cash for Valhalla Shimmer at the moment.. any tips?

Try the demo, turn up the reverb size to max, turn up the decay time, and see if that sound works for you!

As far as chaining the reverbs, ValhallaShimmer has special characteristics that allow for multiple instances of the stereo modes to be chained in series without causing coloration. The other Valhalla reverbs don't have this characteristic. Multiple instances of ValhallaRoom (for example) might sound really really metallic and bad.

Sean Costello

As for the pitchshifting in Shimmer, you can't really replicate that with external effects, as it sits in the feedback loop, so it's a integral part of Shimmer.

Hmmmm so in other words, the answer is "no". I'll be picking this up when I have the cash then. Thanks guys!

a bit of digging...
i kinda like chaining instances of VVV with different algorithms. the following sample is a guitar run through 100% wet Sanctuary into 100% wet Random Space. for poor man's shimmering i put Sound Hack's +bubbler between the verbs.
this in no way tries to replicate the qualities of Shimmer though, just showing off where a bit of creativity can get one :)

https://db.tt/xZyiW9tw
"Dont mistake your inability to understand how this happens for it actualy being imposible. " - nollock

michu wrote:a bit of digging...
i kinda like chaining instances of VVV with different algorithms. the following sample is a guitar run through 100% wet Sanctuary into 100% wet Random Space. for poor man's shimmering i put Sound Hack's +bubbler between the verbs.
this in no way tries to replicate the qualities of Shimmer though, just showing off where a bit of creativity can get one :)
Hey michu, thanks for this great tip, will try it out! :tu:

valhallasound wrote:Try the demo, turn up the reverb size to max, turn up the decay time, and see if that sound works for you!

As far as chaining the reverbs, ValhallaShimmer has special characteristics that allow for multiple instances of the stereo modes to be chained in series without causing coloration. The other Valhalla reverbs don't have this characteristic. Multiple instances of ValhallaRoom (for example) might sound really really metallic and bad.

Sean Costello
FWIW, I got a great deep. smooth sound recently by running VVV in NonLin mode into Plate... :phones:

Winstontaneous wrote:FWIW, I got a great deep. smooth sound recently by running VVV in NonLin mode into Plate... :phones:
I don't have Plate.....yet.... :D

Return to “Valhalla DSP”