Omnisphere v2.2.0g minor bugs - patch name, system display

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Couple minor things in the latest omni:
1). Naming a patch too long causes the text to overlap with the folder icon in the MAIN tab and sticks out of the box in the INFO tab. Incase you have ocd :D
2). In the system tab there's a text box under "stream brake" filled with random numbers and "()/ /".

Just nitpicking, really..

[Edit]Was originally observed in 2.2.0e but I see that after the update to 2.2.0g the issues remain.
Last edited by keyman_sam on Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Try 2.2.0g

Amazing that not even such expensive and supposedly professional plugins are free of such embarrassing issues :P

fluffy_little_something wrote:Amazing that not even such expensive and supposedly professional plugins are free of such embarrassing issues :P
Oh boy, if you consider these "embarrassing issues" I'd love to get your opinion on waves installation.

I'm quite content reporting issues like these which are really just nitpicks for such a complex beast as omnisphere. :love:

For comparison I bought Geist last month for the sole purpose of sampling and after re-installing I still can't get it to sample from my soundcard. In my book that would qualify as an embarrassing issue. :P

Actually, I have more understanding for such technical problems as there might be various, external factors involved that are not under their control :)

Is it safe to update, eg. does not break projects? I havent yet gone to 2.2.xx :eek:
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Yes no problems

If everything was as stable as Omni then many days of angst could have been avoided over years! It's an absolute rock.

Richard deHove wrote:If everything was as stable as Omni then many days of angst could have been avoided over years! It's an absolute rock.
Amen!

Hi!

Thanks for reporting the naming bug, I'll forward it along to the developers.

Just to clarify regarding the "text box filled with random numbers"

It's not random, nor a bug. Here's the info from the Reference Guide regarding the Stream Display:

Stream Display

Left number - The number of streams in progress. Should normally be zero, but should flash temporarily to a non-zero number when a note is started. If it stays non-zero for several seconds, that may be a problem, and so reducing the Brake (or increasing the PreLoad) would be recommended.

Middle number - The number of notes in progress. Should be zero when no notes are playing. May be a 2x or 4x multiple of the number of notes when doing velocity cross fading, or when there are multiple layers.

Right number - The number of samples that are "pre loaded" (including all voices in all parts). Should go up and down as various SoundSources are loaded. It may "lag" a bit behind load actions, which is normal.

Right number in parenthesis - number of samples loaded in "Streaming = OFF " mode. Should always be zero unless Streaming is turned off. An error is indicated by the streaming status display at the bottom of the left column on the system page when you see two numbers at the end of the display.

Thanks,
James Bernard
Media Director
Spectrasonics

Hi James,
Thanks for the quick response and clarification. Learned something new today..

I had requested a feature for sorting patches based on usage (i.e. from most used to least like ableton's browser). Is there any chance of this happening in a future update?

legendCNCD wrote:Is it safe to update, eg. does not break projects? I havent yet gone to 2.2.xx :eek:
Just as an FYI to this, I did have an issue. Turned out some patches in 2.0 up to 2.2 were sounding different compared to 1.x. I hadn't come across any, but did create a new patch in 2.1 that sounded different when I then upgraded to 2.2. In 2.2, Spectrasonics have restored things to how they should have been in the first place, but I got caught out in the meantime. I ended up loading the part - a critical one in the song it was in - into my laptop still on 2.1 and rendering it out.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”